Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having an ablation out of area.

Posted by Pixie 
Having an ablation out of area.
June 14, 2022 11:56AM
I had an ablation 5 months ago out of area. I have had AFIB episodes since the third month out. I know a touch up will be needed. I have followed the “reporting” rules I was given at time of discharge. I rarely hear anything back and I guess I am to assume no news is good news. I thought I would have more communication with the team I was given than there is. What I was told and what is happening are two different things.

Has anyone had a similar experience and how did you work through it?
Re: Having an ablation out of area.
June 14, 2022 01:12PM
My outa area ablation was in Austin Dr Natale. They have you stay in town a day or 2. Then send Kardia readings. I was assigned a nurse contact which was very effecient
But! Ive not had any reoccurrence of afib nor flutter. You might still settle down so dont give up yet. Go down your ck list of triggers? & supplements
June 14, 2022 05:23PM
Call or email the NP you were assigned to. If you've already discussed the need for a touch-up with them then they're probably just waiting for you to say you're ready to do it.
June 14, 2022 06:27PM
I have two cardiologists as backup. Both local. One is an EP (long term I’ve had him as my doc) who doesn’t intervene with the EP who did my ablations—but he is a great source for asking advice to reassure me and he handles my PM maintenance …and the other is the head of cardiology attending at the hospital where I had my ablations. He knows he is my on call backup and I used his name when I was in the ER/admitted every week from thanksgiving to 1-8-22. He is a friend of the EP who did my ablations and I am confident he would communicate if needed. He also manages my sotalol refills and afib events when the EP who did my ablations is not in town. I see him regularly (2/year) so he is up to date.

I’m covered when having the EP who did my ablations is out of town and only is here 3 days a month.
Ken
June 15, 2022 09:01AM
Pixie,

You may very well need a touch up, but my last ablation experience suggests that you may want to wait a bit longer. I had my second ablation in Jan. 2020, and was on Flec for 2 months only and all was well, until April. Between April and August, I had 7 afib breakthroughs. THEN - nothing for the last 22 months. No change in meds or diet, the afib just stopped. Apparently, I had a loooooong blanking period.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login