Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cardioneuroablation to treat patients with vasovagal syncope, sick sinus syndrome, functional AV block, and other types of dysautonomia such as POTS.

Posted by Daisy 

Dr. Peem Lorvidhaya has pioneered a new program at Mary Washington Healthcare, using cardioneuroablation to treat patients with vasovagal syncope, sick sinus syndrome, functional AV block, and other types of dysautonomia such as POTS.

Cardioneuroablation is simply a name for ablation of the autonomic ganglia in the heart. Since I have Dysautonomia and daily pre-syncope, I have been looking for specific information on how ablating these ganglia might affect me--so this is very interesting to me as I approach an ablation.

Here is a journal article: Catheter-Based Cardio-Neural Ablation for Refractory Vasovagal Syncope

Abstract and Figures
We highlight the feasibility and efficacy of a new application for catheter ablation to target atrial ganglionated plexi in a patient with refractory vasovagal syncope. We describe a physiologically guided technique and demonstrate 18-month freedom from syncope with 2 tilt-table tests to objectively assess reproducible elimination of symptomatology and underlying pathophysiology.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login