Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

in preparation for ablation trip to Austin

Posted by Madeline 
in preparation for ablation trip to Austin
June 04, 2022 07:30PM
Hi,

I don't know if this is permissible, but I want to ask about what kind of N95 masks to get for travel to Austin. What guidelines - FDA approved, made in USA?, KN95?, NIOSH?, what parameters to look for & what not to get. Just in case, shouldn't we get an extra good mask for travel to Austin for my ablation? Airport time, connecting flights, place to stay, etc. I remember ages ago when I looked for masks, it was daunting. I ended up getting KF94 masks from China I think. But now I am asking in case Omicron risk revving up & for extra protection what & where to get a good mask by July sometime possibly. My others last year took a while to get here. I am waiting on hearing if I am going to St. David's in July, August or what & want to get this ready.

Thank you.
Re: in preparation for ablation trip to Austin
June 04, 2022 07:57PM
Madeline
I want to ask about what kind of N95 masks to get for travel to Austin. What guidelines - FDA approved, made in USA?, KN95?, NIOSH?, what parameters to look for & what not to get. Just in case, shouldn't we get an extra good mask for travel to Austin for my ablation?
I’ll also be going to Austin in the same period. A friend, who works for the NM State Dept. of Health, gave me this link for genuine, NIOSH N95 masks (and other types as well): [shop.projectn95.org]

I have ordered from them twice, my order came within about a week, and I was very satisfied with the quality. I’ve tried the cup style and the 3 section types of N95s, and, personally, I liked the 3 section type best: [shop.projectn95.org]

Good luck, maybe we’ll meet in Austin!
June 05, 2022 12:30AM
Daisy's link looks good to me, but keep in mind that an N95 is a little different from a KN95. A true N95 has four straps that fit around your head to hold the mask tightly to your face. That's what's used in hospitals and it's a bit much for the public. It will be very uncomfortable to wear for hours at a time. The KN95 is the same mask but it has two ear loops instead of straps around the head, making it much more comfortable. The two masks are the same in every way except how they're held on your face, and they're so close in efficacy that the KN95 should be your choice. I've been using a KN95 for the entire last two years and I've been on a couple of long flights.
June 05, 2022 10:47AM
I went to Austin in February and will need to go back. I took Carey’s suggestion and purchased KN95 masks. My husband and I preferred the ear loops rather than the head straps. We did a lot of research on them. I did not want one of the numerous counterfeit masks that are/were in circulation. Here is a tidbit I learned:

When purchasing a KN95 make sure the mask is stamped with both the company name, and the respirator standard number. Masks made after July, 2021 have a GB2626-2019 mark – older masks would read: GB2626-2006.

I will be researching to see if this still applies.
June 05, 2022 06:53PM
Great suggestions. I have ordered some KN 95s that will be here soon.

Appreciate your help. Thanks 😊
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login