Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

is 20mg Xarelto enough? is there a test

Posted by colindo 
is 20mg Xarelto enough? is there a test
May 29, 2022 06:44PM
Just wondering how much of this stuff you need, can too much increase afib burden?
Re: is 20mg Xarelto enough? is there a test
May 29, 2022 11:30PM
A ton of research and clinical trials says it is enough. It's not like they just make the dosages up. Drugs undergo a whole series of clinical trials designed to do nothing more than establish the optimal dosages.

As for increasing afib burden, I can't imagine why an anticoagulant would do that and I can't see it escaping notice during clinical trials or among the millions of people taking it for several years now.

What makes you ask this?
May 30, 2022 02:15AM
Carey
A ton of research and clinical trials says it is enough. It's not like they just make the dosages up. Drugs undergo a whole series of clinical trials designed to do nothing more than establish the optimal dosages.

As for increasing afib burden, I can't imagine why an anticoagulant would do that and I can't see it escaping notice during clinical trials or among the millions of people taking it for several years now.

What makes you ask this?

I started taking it 4 days ago and am experiencing more longer afib episodes. one lasting most of today, which is not usual for me.
300 mgs of flecainide had no effect. (PIP)
May 30, 2022 11:22AM
Well, I've never heard a single person say they thought Xarelto increased their afib burden, but if it keeps up you could ask your doc to switch you to Eliquis.
June 02, 2022 01:44PM
colindo

I started taking it 4 days ago and am experiencing more longer afib episodes. one lasting most of today, which is not usual for me.
300 mgs of flecainide had no effect. (PIP)

That is terrible news Colindo about Flec. of that volume could not help.
When i was swallowing 300mg of Propafenone during an episode it Koed my episode in about 3-5 hours for about 16months until it had little effect on me also.....then as i mentioned to you on a previous post i believe i started CHEWING half the swallowed 300mg dose or just 1x150mg pill at the beginning of an episode + it was a miracle how well it stopped my Afib in its tracks about 80 for 80 times in about an hour give or take esp. when taken with food or just a teaspoon of coconut oil or something fatty.
So my suggestion to you is scrap the Flec. + change your PIP to Propafenone ONLY TO CHEW IT...so give that try + if that does not help you well your a tough nut to crack + the urgency of getting on the EP's table for an Ablation or touch up i believe in your case becomes that much more important although if i remember your in the blanking period right now correct...so give it a couple more months before drawing your conclusion but in the meantime give CHEWED Propafenone a try...it was my best friend for 8 months like no other friend drug or person i ever had....i could not live without it.

All the best
June 02, 2022 04:50PM
No amount of flecainide ever worked for me as a PIP, but it was very good at preventing episodes. Propafenone is in the same class of drugs as flecainide, so they have the same mechanism of action. I'd be surprised if one worked and the other didn't. But I agree chewing the pill and swallowing it with a full glass of water, preferably warm, is the way to go. You want the full dose to be absorbed as rapidly as possible all at once.
June 02, 2022 05:08PM
My usual warning- one should not take more than 200mg in a 24 hour period if they weigh less than 154 pounds…if they weigh more than 154#, then 300mg is the limit in a 24 hour period to prevent an overdose. Flecainide is not a dose one experiments with. It has a black box label.

For more info:
[www.afibbers.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login