Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KardiaMobile Card

Posted by Mark 
KardiaMobile Card
May 25, 2022 11:01PM
Saw a tv ad about this for the first time today. Expensive and you have to have a Kardia Care membership. What caught my attention was the “six arrhythmia” detection capabilities. Can all Kardia versions do that?

[store.kardia.com]
Re: KardiaMobile Card
May 26, 2022 12:42AM
walt
Saw a tv ad about this for the first time today. Expensive and you have to have a Kardia Care membership. What caught my attention was the “six arrhythmia” detection capabilities. Can all Kardia versions do that?

[store.kardia.com]
Yes, they all can report the “six arrhythmias” but I think you have to have the membership to get the added 3. My Kardia is at least 5 years old and started reporting the extra three a while ago, but membership was included in the Kardia purchase price when I bought mine.
May 26, 2022 02:55AM
Whatever the device, you'd need a professional or skilled person look at the tracings to tell you what happened if you don't know by yourself.
May 26, 2022 08:38AM
This device does nothing more than the original device. Its advantage is its form factor, it will fit in your wallet.

It is still a single lead device. As Daisy says, the additional reports come with a subscription. As Pompon says, you can learn to do the analysis yourself. I generally do my own analysis even though like Daisy I've had a Kardia since 2014 so don't have to pay the subscription fee.
May 26, 2022 11:31PM
Thanks for the feedback.
May 28, 2022 02:11PM
How could I learn to analyze my own readings?
May 28, 2022 04:38PM
Marcia56
How could I learn to analyze my own readings?

Hallmarks of afib are a very irregular heart rate (regularly irregular) and also the lack of a "p" wave.

Here are a few resources:

From a cardiologist: [www.youtube.com]

[www.livingwithatrialfibrillation.com]

[www.sciencedirect.com]

[geekymedics.com]

A lot of good articles on the Kardia & Apple Watch ECG's by a cardiologist here: [theskepticalcardiologist.com]

More detail than you probably want: [www.medcram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2022 04:57PM by GeorgeN.
May 29, 2022 01:04AM
Dr Gupta did quite a lot of informative videos, like this one.
May 30, 2022 10:51AM
Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login