Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New aspects of endocrine control of AF and possibilities for clinical translation

Posted by Dean 
New aspects of endocrine control of AF and possibilities for clinical translation
May 19, 2022 09:22PM
Latest interesting research (very technical though) from Oxford University. It's about time research is conducted on Endocrine dysfunction and AF.

“Although features of AF remodelling are well-established and its mechanisms are partly understood, important pathways pertinent to AF arrhythmogenesis are still unidentified. The discovery of these missing pathways has the potential to lead to therapeutic breakthroughs. Endocrine dysfunction is well-recognized to lead to AF. In this review, we discuss endocrine and cardiocrine signalling systems that directly, or as a consequence of an underlying cardiac pathology, contribute to AF pathogenesis.”

“The influence of endocrine/paracrine dysfunction on AF risk and mechanisms is evaluated and discussed. We focus on the most recent findings and reflect on the potential of translating them into clinical application.”

[academic.oup.com]
I really wonder if there is something to this for me.. mine always triggers at like 4 am.. and I think about hormones that in the past have been whack-a-doodle (adrenal fatigue)... even taking melatonin has done strange things for me. they say this endocrine system is well established in how it contributes to AF but I can tell you my EPs don't address this.. not even a tiny bit. I had a functional med doc that focused on some things. I'd be curious if any others have found help with their afib with a functional or even endocrine type doctor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login