Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Amnioderone / flutter ablation

Posted by bettylou4488 
Amnioderone / flutter ablation
May 12, 2022 08:30AM
So I am in flutter. almost 3 months post ablation. (2/24) EP was going to do a cardioverison yesterday but since I flipped back and forth for a week from sinus to flutter he said it probably wouldn't stick and I agree. I have done all the other drugs. The last was dofetilide. Now they want to do amnioderone. They are not quick to do this .. and it is short term to get to a flutter ablation. I have to wait a few days for the dofetlide to get out of my system before I try. I am aware of the lung stuff.. liver.. thyroid oh my. LOL. But I just read on another thread about skin turning blue? what's up with that and how soon. My flutter is in the 130s even on a max of cardizem right now. I don't do well on beta blockers. Susan asked which is worse this or an av-node ablation? I would go see Natale probably before doing that- but I gotta tell you it appeals to me as I sit here with my heart racing not being able to do simple things. you know.. like making my morning decaf. I have two cousins who have had AV node ablations and are over the moon at them. Never had an issue (both about 10 years older than me. I'm 'just' 55 .. and a half.). Anyway why am I writing this out.....

1) I am seeing a second EP that I have seen before. She is getting me on her schedule tomorrow. She had no openings till august but she answered my email and I will see her tomorrow. What questions should I ask re my plan etc..? Also what kinds of questions to see if she is qualified as a person to try an aflutter ablation? which brings me to my second question

2) I heard from several docs that flutter ablations are easier than fib. Truth? The EP Fellow that I asked yesterday said ...well.. not necessarily.

3) What should I look for right away when starting the amnio? I am starting it on a friday (after dofetlide out of system). Do any permanent side effects happen right away?

ps for anyone concerned about. my heart rate I am in constant contact with my EP .. the office and then the after hours doctors that call have been great. They said if I can tolerate it it is much better for me right now to be at home.

4) I have connected with Natalie's office before and even had a vid chat with him. Wondering if I should revisit that. I tried emailing before my last one and didn't hear back maybe someone can connect me again? Shannon? or ??

Thanks

disclaimer.. if any of this doesn't make sense.. I am very sleep deprived.
Re: Amnioderone / flutter ablation
May 12, 2022 10:02AM
An AV node ablation is permanent and the last resort. You may not be there yet. Perhaps make an appointment for an flutter ablation with Dr Natale?
BTW, I was in the ER once for flutter and was seen by an EP. His first suggestion was amio. First suggestion? I left the hospital and went back to Robles and started Sotalol and I am on day 124 in nsr —not counting a short minute and a half episode that self converted a couple of days ago.

If you do need an AV ablation, that involves getting a pacemaker. May I suggest you look into three leads and not two (A and both V)? It helps lowering the probability of getting pacing induced cardiomyopathy that could possibly cause heart failure for some. You might as well get that third lead added during the initial pacemaker implant and dual chamber leads.
Re: Amnioderone / flutter ablation
May 19, 2022 10:24AM
To be blunt about it, when you've gone so far as to have a video conference with Dr. Natale, if your finances support it, why would you have any other EP take a crack at the problem? That would be like opting for a high school quarterback when you can have a Super Bowl champ do the work. Yes, I am a veteran Natale patient with three ablations and a Watchman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login