Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fast HR Again

Posted by JoyWin 
Fast HR Again
March 26, 2022 07:06PM
Hi

12 months post-ablation. Some episodes since as indicated in my last post a couple of weeks ago around 24th Feb, but a bit more frequent.
Then I had a sustained bout of AF/ Tachycardia for 9 days. Highest HR 203-168 short-lived (Kardia) but mostly in the 120s-130s.
Gave in and had a CV around 2 weeks ago. All good.

Yesterday I had a brief bout of AF and my heart rate is now in the 100s to 120s again, I think Tachacardia with a bit of AF.
Can I just leave it at this if it doesn't climb any higher?
I'm taking Isoptin, but it's not doing much at this point (or maybe it is?)

Feeling frustrated so any advice is welcome.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2022 06:10AM by JoyWin.
Re: Fast HR Again
March 27, 2022 12:01AM
You can ignore it for a few days and hope it resolves on its own, but you can't let it go long term. A rate of 120 for weeks or months can do serious harm potentially leading to heart failure.

There's a good chance it's atrial flutter, but whatever it is you can't just live with it.
March 27, 2022 10:18AM
JoyWin
Can I just leave it at this if it doesn't climb any higher?
I'm taking Isoptin, but it's not doing much at this point (or maybe it is?)

First, I concur with Carey, you don't want to let this go too long.

- perhaps chatting with the docs about a different rate control med. Isoptin is a calcium channel blocker, maybe a beta blocker might bring lower rates.

- chatting about a PIP med on-demand to convert (the original study on this is linked in my post here ). I recall a post you made where a doc said flec would kill you. Certainly, it is not to be trifled with, but for someone with a healthy heart it can be incredibly effective (it has been for me for 17 1/2 years, used as PIP). Also propafenone (Rythmol) can be used in the same way and was also used in the study -direct link here: [pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
March 28, 2022 06:15AM
Thanks Carey and George. I’ll wait a week or so to see if it settles.Currently I’m bouncing between AF and Tachycardia (or flutter)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login