Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Traveling to Austin

Posted by Pixie 
Traveling to Austin
January 15, 2022 10:27AM
I read a few posts from folks who have upcoming appointments in Austin. I am one of them. I am wondering how you are handling the psychological impact of traveling during Omicron.
Re: Traveling to Austin
January 16, 2022 03:46PM
I am in that cohort and my bride is accompanying me. We've been vaccinated and boosted, will have good masks, and the alternative is unacceptable so, for ME, there is no psychological impact.
January 18, 2022 10:51AM
Pretty much everything good in your life only happens once you get past your fear.

Before COVID, I didn't travel much. Since COVID, my wife and I fly back and forth between California and Texas every month (business expansion into Texas). Also, in Texas, things have been pretty much as if COVID never happened for a year--open, no masks. We should be dead, right? Here's what happened: nothing. Well, until last month, when I got COVID (probably Omicron). It was a 3-day mild cold.

Beyond that, my first trip to Austin was for a Natale ablation 4 years ago. One and done. Some bumps during and shortly after the blanking period. But now? No worrying. No tiptoeing around triggers. Best thing I've done, medically.

Go to Austin, get it done, and enjoy your life!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2022 10:52AM by JKAF.
January 18, 2022 11:12AM
Thank you for responding. Hearing from others helps me.
January 18, 2022 02:00PM
JKAF
Pretty much everything good in your life only happens once you get past your fear.

Go to Austin, get it done, and enjoy your life!

My wife and I flew to Austin September of 2020. While there we ate out and did some shopping. We stayed downtown during that trip and it was like a ghost town. But there were restaurant's open and SOCO was still pretty busy during the day. We really had no apprehension as we had been traveling for the better part of the year as a family. Seeking out places to go that had little or no restrictions. We have continued to do this the entire time.

We all did end up catching Covid. My wife in November of 2020 last year. And my son and I just after Thanksgiving last year. She was exposed at work. My son was exposed at work and I got it from him. It's really ironic that this is how we all got it considering all the places we had been since this all started. In and around large crowds may times and spending time with family and friends along the way.

Good luck in Austin!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login