Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Covid and increased arrhythmia

Posted by susan.d 
Covid and increased arrhythmia
January 13, 2022 04:26PM
I’ve been getting up to 10 short under two minutes tachycardia/flutter/afib/SVT and first time yesterday a bout of pvc.

Is this common to get increasing numbers of episodes when covid positive?

I haven’t left my house in nearly two years because I didn’t want covid and CA has the worst numbers..only to the hospital where I’m barking “social distancing please!”, no shared elevators and wearing both a n95 and a face shield and telling the staff to pull up their masks properly.

I was tested positive today. I had to get exposed when they ecv me and briefly took off my mask. But that was nearly 3 weeks ago. Saturday is too soon since my last er and I already had symptoms for 9 days. Otherwise I haven’t left the house.
Re: Covid and increased arrhythmia
January 13, 2022 04:49PM
Don't know the answer but Im sorry hon.
January 13, 2022 06:19PM
GP offers rx for ivermectin. I heard somewhere it’s arrhythmic. True to symptomatic people. I’m getting up to 10 tachycardias a day. What drug is afib friendly?
January 13, 2022 07:48PM
susan.d
GP offers rx for ivermectin. I heard somewhere it’s arrhythmic. True to symptomatic people. I’m getting up to 10 tachycardias a day. What drug is afib friendly?

Sent you an email.
January 13, 2022 08:51PM
susan.d
GP offers rx for ivermectin. I heard somewhere it’s arrhythmic.

Also ineffective and ridiculously ill advised for someone like you. (Where do you find these doctors?)

Was it a nasal swab or blood test? If it was a blood test, ignore it. All it means is you have been vaccinated or had a prior infection.
January 13, 2022 09:02PM
It was as a nasal PCR test. It took 22 hours. I got the fastest for $$$$$$$$ for those traveling. They sent it to a lab. Regular PCR takes 7-10 days now. Labcorp is struggling. California is struggling.

Yes Carey- I’m a magnet.

I just called up CDC and explained my health. They cannot offer medical advice but said monoclonal antibodies (it’s day 10-I think I missed the window) or convalescent plasma.

Any arrhythmia problems with the above two?
Joe
January 13, 2022 09:24PM
Carey

GP offers rx for ivermectin. I heard somewhere it’s arrhythmic.

Also ineffective and ridiculously ill advised for someone like you. (Where do you find these doctors?)

Was it a nasal swab or blood test? If it was a blood test, ignore it. All it means is you have been vaccinated or had a prior infection.

It may very well be but if there is no downside in the absence of anything proven available - why not???
Try to get Paxlovid but that is also of little to no use if you are past 5 days (like they say for the horse pastesmiling smiley) Monoclonals, good idea if you can get it but only one of them is effective against OMICRON from what i read?
Fluvoxamine? Discuss with doctor, it may help but caution...
Perhaps have a look at your Zn levels and D3 levels. Don't forget an ionophore if you take Zn and Cu if your intake is low. BTW, not advise, just thinking aloudconfused smiley
January 13, 2022 09:39PM
What is ionophore?
I ordered zinc. I’m waiting for it to be delivered. I’m upping my D and started C.

Anyone know anything about convalescent plasma effects on the heart? It’s day 10 so I might had missed the window for monoclonal for omicron.
January 13, 2022 09:58PM
Joe

) Monoclonals, good idea if you can get it but only one of them is effective against OMICRON from what i read?
dconfused smiley

I have read same.. but I think you said Susan you are 10 days in.. that is beyond the scope of monoclonals.

if you don't have a nebulizer get one in the house- every house should have one just in case.
January 13, 2022 10:39PM
Carey why do you pick on doctors that have something that has helped people and they have, there are many drugs that the medical profession doles out that have harmed many people yet they are still being used.
January 13, 2022 10:40PM
I have a nebulizer. I called up my pulmonologist but he is out along with others in his practice. I didn’t get a rx drug for my nebulizer. I’m allergic to iodine and don’t feel comfortable breathing H2O2. Thanks George for your help. I’m too sensitive.

I don’t understand why hospital’s don’t offer the Pfizer pill? It’s very successful in Israel.

[www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov]
Drug interactions (CYP3A ) to anti arrhythmic and oral anticoagulants.

Yes I’m on day 10. Monoclonal antibodies is pass my window I speculate. Only one hospital in the entire Los Angeles offered it until last week when CDC said it’s ineffective. Yet I called them today and was told both M. A. Treatment and C.P. Treatment is the best

I spent the evening calling up hospitals in a 50 mile radius. Nobody gives M. Antibodies or convalescent plasma. I asked what do they do to an elderly patient who has underlying heart issues? They ALL replied they will only treat the symptoms (reduce fever, probably throat lozenges for sore throat.) but that is all they can do. Bad time to get covid.

Stay safe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2022 10:54PM by susan.d.
Joe
January 14, 2022 12:13AM
Apparently Zn enters cells more readily with an ionophore (e.g. Quercetin) more efficiently. Don't know if absolutely required for Zn to enter.
In my case i'm leery using iodine for nebulizing because of thyroid.
I used distilled 3ml H2O + .4 to .5ml 12% H2O2 at first symptoms. Have been in lengthy contact with daughter No1 and daughter no2 including husband and two young children who all were positive for Covid at the beginning of Jan..No 1 daughter by lateral flow and bad symptoms for 2 days and the rest of the family by RT-PCR and symptomatic.
Got rid of symptoms and still OK.
I did a few of the other things the common narrative says is useless but i look at the downside and....
January 14, 2022 01:12AM
Hang in there, Susan! You have the temperament to beat this, too!
January 14, 2022 01:39AM
[amp.usatoday.com]

While neurological experts say isolated tingling in the hands and feet is probably not a common symptom of the virus, it is a symptom of a rare disorder that may be associated with COVID-19 called Guillain-Barré syndrome.

Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) is a rare disorder where the immune system attacks the body’s nerves, according to the Mayo Clinic website. Weakness and tingling in the hands and feet, medically known as paresthesia, are usually its first symptoms.

An April study from Italy published in the peer-reviewed New England Journal of Medicine found five out of 1200 coronavirus patients developed GBS.

“After a person has an infection, there can be an immune system confusion where the immune system attacks the insolation, or myelin sheath, around the peripheral nerves,” said Dr. Robert Fox, staff neurologist at the Cleveland Clinic’s Mellen Center for Multiple Sclerosis.

While it does happen, Fox said it’s very rare for a COVID-19 patients to develop this disorder.

Dr. Anthony Geraci, director of Neuromuscular Medicine at Northwell Health in New York, says most coronavirus-related GBS cases occur in the middle to later part of the infection process, about two weeks after the onset of COVID-19 symptoms.

I have a 96.3 temperature and freezing tingling daggers to my feet. I can’t stay warm. 10 days and it’s getting fierce. It’s a piercing ice tingling sensation. Very painful. I googled and it seems it’s a covid thing. As long as the nerves affected won’t get to my heart I’ll tolerate it.
Anyone know if this affects the heart?
January 14, 2022 02:37AM
susan.d
(...)
Is this common to get increasing numbers of episodes when covid positive? (...)

Common for me. I don't know about covid, but ANY infectious state to date has increased the risks having arrhythmias. And fever is a sure afib trigger.
January 14, 2022 05:31AM
So sorry to here of your situation Susan.

My son and I both had Covid between 🦃 day and Christmas. Son was first to get it. Dr. Started him on steroids second day of symptoms. He started showing improvement the next day and was done with it except for slight cough around day 11.

I tested positive 6 days after he started showing symptoms. I started showing symptoms on day 4. Slight dry cough. Felt.like something bigger was knowing at me though.

The day I got tested my cough was getting much much worse. And my head felt like it was going to explode. And was extremely tired. Called my doctor he told me to treat the symptoms and go to the ER if I got worse. He wouldn't prescribe anything for me.

At the same time my niece and another friend of my wife's both tested positive for COVID. My wife's friend was vaccinated and boosted. Both of their doctors had recommended that they get the monoclonal antibodies and directed them on how to get it. My niece sent me the phone number that the doctor gave her and I called and was able to set up an appointment. Got them on day 7.

That was the day I was the sickest. I started running a fever and felt terrible all over. Woke up the next day feeling pretty good except for the cough. Phoned my doctor again he still wouldn't help me out even for the cough. Ended up calling a teladoc through my insurance and he prescribed me an inhaler and some kind of medicine for the cough.

I developed an infection a few days later called to teladoc again and they prescribed me a z-tpack to clear that up.

None of this probably helps you but know that I'm thinking of you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2022 12:54PM by rocketritch.
January 14, 2022 06:37AM
January 14, 2022 10:19AM
Joy I’m not going to use ivermectin. Dr Natale and my cardiologist are against it for my situation.

Is steroids arrhythmic? I’m scheduled for an ablation in less than a month (few weeks) and need a jumpstart to recovery first.
January 14, 2022 10:59AM
JoyWin
[www.fda.gov]

[www.medpagetoday.com]

Is IV antiviral remdesivir (Veklury) arrhythmic?
January 14, 2022 01:46PM
susan.d
I have a nebulizer. I called up my pulmonologist but he is out along with others in his practice. I didn’t get a rx drug for my nebulizer. I’m allergic to iodine and don’t feel comfortable breathing H2O2. Thanks George for your help. I’m too sensitive.

Understand, how about nebulizing hypertonic saline solution.

See here to make your own: [www.nysinuscenter.com]

Inhibition of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Replication by Hypertonic Saline Solution in Lung and Kidney Epithelial Cells: [pubs.acs.org]

This is a search on nebulizing hypertonic saline & COVID
[www.google.com]
January 14, 2022 01:57PM
If any of you get tingling (daggers of ice injection feeling) frozen cold feet or legs, my GP said it could a blood clot from covid and Eliquis is not enough and if positive an er IV of thinners are necessary. I had dvt once and am surprised why an ultrasound was not ordered. I’m waiting for a service to come to my home to draw blood. Most (I.e. labcorp home services) won’t with covid positive patients.

FYI- D-dimer is a clotting marker test if you get covid and have cold shooting pain to your feet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2022 05:21PM by susan.d.
January 14, 2022 04:59PM
susan.d
What is ionophore?
I ordered zinc. I’m waiting for it to be delivered. I’m upping my D and started C.

Anyone know anything about convalescent plasma effects on the heart? It’s day 10 so I might had missed the window for monoclonal for omicron.

It is very important to take Zinc with a Zinc Ionophore....Zinc alone has a very hard time getting in your cells so you need something to open the cell door to the Zinc.....the Best out there (other then the drug Hydroxycloroquin spelling prob. off) is GREEN TEA EXTRACT + second best is Quercetin. Zinc without a ionophore is like a bullet without a gun....Hydroxy with Zinc is like a 50. caliber with Green tea ex. a 25 cal. + Quercetin a 22 cal....still easily good enough to del. that precious Zinc into the cells....unfort. it works better on Covid if del. very early in the episode but should help even at the stage you have it Susan....30 mg min. normally but don't be afraid to take 2x that at least in your current state with your ionophore....i would take 30mg every 12 hours. When i had Delta Covid 2 weeks ago (i am a pureblood=no vax) my vit C/D + Zinc with the ionophore intake barely reg. any sym. at all + they only lasted about 36 hours + i credit my Immune system (57 months since i even had a runny nose until this) + esp. Zinc....ultra important Zinc.

All the best as i know you have suffered enough + now this.
January 14, 2022 05:39PM
[onlinelibrary.wiley.com]
“In isolated heart, quercetin increased heart rate and decreased PRi, QTc and duration of the QRS complex.”

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Quercetin can affect your heart - pros and cons. To the normal person, I’m sure it’s fine. I started my weekly hospital stays of high tachycardia the exact day I started taking green apple peel extract (flavonoids) to lower heart inflammation…but I’m sure it’s fine for others.
January 14, 2022 08:20PM
From what I can tell the 10 days isn't an exact or hard rule on the Monoclonal AB, are you sure the symptoms even go back 9 days? And you could just state at 9 days if it was close. Best to find a Mab infusion center for this. There are places that specialize in this.

At high doses the Steriods can be pro-arrythmic for some people, pay attention to when you come off (taper down).

Ivermectin may not be for you, s but some studies indicate Ivermectin can work in not only in the Viral stage, but also have anti-inflammatory properties in blocking the inflammatory response from Covid. From my own experience with Delta, 2 weeks after infection, (viral stage over, now having inflammation), the Doctor was willing to give me 60mg/day of Prednisone, for the chest/lungs/cough. Instead, I took Ivermectin, and notice a difference within hours. Started and stopped 3 times, and every time I noticed a difference. A close friend had a similar experience.

If you have Omnicron, you may not need Steriods anyhow, it usually doesn't adversely effect the lungs like Alpha/Delta.

I also used Nebulized H2O2 (diluted to .1%), and got along fine after my subsequent exposure to Omnicron this week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2022 11:49PM by The Anti-Fib.
January 14, 2022 09:17PM
January 14, 2022 10:26PM
For what it is worth on D, C, Zinc, Quercitin and Ivermectin I checked with my EP.. for ME.. and they said they were all Ok to take. They did not think they would do anything but I have a habit of asking my team if there are interactions and they are up front. I often ask it like this (as I have asked about supplements many times over the years), "I know you don't think this will work but do you think it will hurt?" One of my docs said, "it looks like a Harry Potter lab in that bag! But it is fine. " I am currently on dofetilide and am uber careful with all supplements and other meds. But just mentioning that you can ask it this way when talking about for c-19 or for anything else for that matter.I am not saying these are OK for anyone else winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2022 10:59PM by bettylou4488.
Joe
January 15, 2022 04:53PM
Susan, this link might be useful to you (and others) who require monoclonals? It give a link to where you can get it.
[www.youtube.com]
Joe
January 15, 2022 05:03PM
Might have linked to the wrong video? Try this one: [www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login