Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Watchman

Posted by rocketritch 
Watchman
January 11, 2022 05:50PM
Got a call from Texas Cardiac & Arrhythmia to schedule a watchman procedure for February. May not be able to do February but will definitely be making arrangements.

This is completely out of left field for me as last Dr. Natale and I spoke I was not eligible. I phoned and left a message with the scheduler as well as an email to Trent requesting information as to what has changed.
Re: Watchman
January 11, 2022 07:30PM
Hmm…I’m scheduled too. I wonder if I’m eligible? What are the eligibility requirements? I don’t want a surprise bill.
January 11, 2022 08:10PM
You're both good. They wouldn't schedule a Watchman if they didn't already have insurance approval.
January 12, 2022 01:33PM
I got the call for 2/15 yesterday but asked A.D. this morning to verify the insurance approval. I live by President Reagan's "Trust but verify."
January 12, 2022 01:57PM
{Got a call from Texas Cardiac & Arrhythmia to schedule a watchman procedure for February. May not be able to do February but will definitely be making arrangements.

This is completely out of left field for me as [b]last Dr. Natale and I spoke I was not eligible[/b]. I phoned and left a message with the scheduler as well as an email to Trent requesting information as to what has changed.}

When I say eligible I meant that when Dr Natale and I last spoke that my insurance would not cover,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2022 02:00PM by rocketritch.
January 12, 2022 05:00PM
rocketritch
When I say eligible I meant that when Dr Natale and I last spoke that my insurance would not cover,

I understood that. What often happens when an insurance company declines to cover a procedure is the doctor arranges a conference with a doctor at the insurance company. They discuss the procedure and its pros and cons and arrive at a decision. It sounds like that's what happened and Natale won the argument.

Also, Watchman coverage is a rapidly evolving issue. When I got mine in 2018 there's no way my insurance company would have covered it. I got it only because I was in a clinical trial and they wouldn't be paying for anything. But today it would be a different story. If your LAA has been isolated and you didn't meet the criteria for stopping anticoagulants then it's likely they will cover it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login