Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hospital hasn't said if I need to stop Eliquis before getting Watchman - should I?

Posted by tobherd 
Hospital hasn't said if I need to stop Eliquis before getting Watchman - should I?
January 09, 2022 01:47PM
I'm surprised I haven't heard back from the hospital telling me to either stay on, or get off of Eliquis before I come in this Tuesday to get a Watchman. Does anyone have experience with this?
Re: Hospital hasn't said if I need to stop Eliquis before getting Watchman - should I?
January 09, 2022 04:39PM
tobherd
I'm surprised I haven't heard back from the hospital telling me to either stay on, or get off of Eliquis before I come in this Tuesday to get a Watchman. Does anyone have experience with this?

Yes, I have. Do not stop it.

Have they not sent you pre-op instructions yet? If not, contact Natale's office and ask for them.
Re: Hospital hasn't said if I need to stop Eliquis before getting Watchman - should I?
January 09, 2022 05:05PM
Nothing yet. I faxed over a note to the woman from the Cath lab that spoke to me on Friday, which she should receive tomorrow morning. I'll also follow up with a call. Can't reach anyone today (Sunday)....

Thanks for letting me know about the blood thinner...I was expecting that I needed to stop it.
January 11, 2022 10:10AM
If you decided to go ahead with the procedure today, good luck! Let us know how it went.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login