Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Supporting afibbers.org

Posted by GeorgeN 
Supporting afibbers.org
December 18, 2021 05:19PM
I wanted to let people know (or remind veterans) that Afibbers.org is a US 501(c)(3) non-profit charity. It is wholly supported through donations. I've just made one. The donation button is located on the upper right hand side of the main, not Phorum page here.

This is a direct link that Carey recently shared. This is through PayPal, so even people not in the US can contribute.

It is certainly not required, but I feel it is a good way to help Shannon & Carey defray the costs of hosting the site for those who have benefitted, whether as a poster or a lurker.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2021 09:25PM by GeorgeN.
Re: Supporting afibbers.org
December 18, 2021 05:47PM
Thanks, George!

Note that either link is fine and you'll end up at the same place. We use Paypal as our credit card processor, so whether you use a credit card or Paypal, your payment will be processed through Paypal.
December 18, 2021 05:55PM
Carey
Note that either link is fine and you'll end up at the same place. We use Paypal as our credit card processor, so whether you use a credit card or Paypal, your payment will be processed through Paypal.

I used this link that said there were no fees deducted because of the non-profit status. Do both links do this?
December 18, 2021 05:57PM
A suggestion might be to also put a donate button at the top of the page here.
December 19, 2021 12:56AM
GeorgeN

I used this link that said there were no fees deducted because of the non-profit status. Do both links do this?

Yes, no matter how you get to our donation links they all work the same. They all go through PayPal and PayPal doesn't take a cut because we registered with them as a non-profit and set up a specific non-profit account. So whether you use a credit card or PayPal, PayPal will not take a fee of any sort. That was one of the reasons we chose to use them. They offer a service very friendly to non-profits.

PS- Don't ask Shannon how many weeks he spent getting that all set up during the height of the pandemic when all of PayPal's employees, bank employees, etc, were all working from home. What should have taken two days took two months.
December 19, 2021 01:52AM
GeorgeN:
A suggestion might be to also put a donate button at the top of the page here.[/quote]

[www.afibbers.org]
Scroll to the very bottom of the page (blue background box that says “Donate Today”) in case anyone prefers a check rather than using PayPal or credit card payments.

Above the blue box is this:
The AFIB Report, Forum and Database do not provide medical advice. Do not attempt self-diagnosis or self-treatment based on our reports.

IMHO…This should be on the top of the page to prevent one from experimenting (i.e PIP if they don’t weigh enough for the dose) without their cardiologist OK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2021 02:00AM by susan.d.
March 04, 2022 10:20AM
Many thanks George, it is very much appreciated!

And our heartfelt thanks to those of you who have continued to support our efforts here to keep Afibbers.org going as a Non-Profit 501(c)3 entity.

Best wishes to all of our Afibbers!
Shannon
March 07, 2022 09:05PM
Never noticed the Donate info on the site before - thanks for making that known. Just donated. This group has been invaluable to me. Wish I could give even more.

Thanks Shannon and Carey! ~ Barb Herd
March 08, 2022 01:41PM
Much appreciate the kind donation Barb!
Enjoy the springtime too ...

Cheers
Shannon
March 11, 2022 12:09AM
Done…hope you don’t mind Aussie dollars 😜
March 11, 2022 01:09AM
Thank you! We're definitely okay with Aussie dollars! smiling smiley
March 14, 2022 05:28PM
Indeed JoyWin, and many thanks as well for your welcomed donation!

Best wishes,
Shannon
August 22, 2022 12:03PM
After over 20 years I am so glad to donate. Did not realize this was an option!

Karin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login