Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Junctional rhythm and pacemakers

Posted by susan.d 
Junctional rhythm and pacemakers
November 26, 2021 07:09PM
Can one get an junctional ekg (tachycardia and after ecv @57hr) and still have a pacer?

My 69 day streak ended. Ecv #49 today.

Unfortunately they sent me home with a deer /headlight look shrugged and gave me my ekgs stating “suspect unspecified pacemaker failure”. The ER doctor showed me my pacing beats and said it looks wrong. Being thanksgiving weekend, none of my doctors are in (my np is on maternity leave) and I am left wondering until Monday …even Metronics is closed except for physician emergencies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2021 07:10PM by susan.d.
Re: Junctional rhythm and pacemakers
November 26, 2021 08:59PM
A pacemaker failure would be like you finding unicorns in your backyard tomorrow. But contact the doc who installed the PM and advise them what the ER doc said. Don't let them blow you off. Although I think the ER doc simply didn't interpret correctly, a possible device failure is serious stuff that Medtronic and the PM doc need to know about.
Re: Junctional rhythm and pacemakers
November 27, 2021 09:25PM
My PM download showed I had VT-NS. That doesn’t sound good. It was a steady fast tachycardia.

With my luck I would find unicorns in my yard…so joke or not if unicorns ever appeared, they would find my google maps directions to my home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login