Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lung function ??

Posted by bettylou4488 
lung function ??
November 22, 2021 06:52PM
I have not been and am not on amnioderone. I have had other CT scans which showed no lung issues at all. I had a CT a month ago when they had the phantom blood clot prior to my (cancelled) ablation. Met with the EP today and was reviewing all the testing. This was shown in the part of the lungs.

Lungs: Redemonstration of mosaic attenuation and subtle interlobular
septal thickening throughout the lungs.
CT measured total lung volume 3.3 L

He was not concerned. I don't have a previous lung measurement that said this (they all said normal if it was discussed.. no volume numbers were given). We discussed cancer. probably not. Said could be a heart function thing and didn't see a need to follow up on it. I have already written a note to my congenital cardiologist (coarctation of aorta and aortic stenosis). I am in persistent afib since July (scheduled again for ablation in January). I started dofetildie/tykosin in January 2019....

I am also on aldactone (25 mg.. small amount)... losartan (half a 25 mg pill). and of course Eliquis.

I just wonder.. does this happen with Tykosin? I googled and it is actually used to HELP one lung issue.

Would 6 months of afib do this? I will tell you I am doing great functionally. I went for a mile plus walk 3 mph in 30 degree weather this morning. (That is my usual time/distance). I walked 8 flights of stairs the other day. (not all at once..) I'm going slightly slower.. harder to pick up things etc..

There was also a liver thing that showed up but my blood test looked good. That can be tied in w/ the Tykosin so I may do an U/S for that

Anyone have any ideas? Follow up ideas?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2021 07:29PM by bettylou4488.
Re: lung function ??
November 23, 2021 12:06AM
bettylou4488
I just wonder.. does this happen with Tykosin?

I'm not sure what you mean by "this." Tikosyn has no side effects involving the lungs (except maybe a positive one, as you mentioned). The report you got sounds like it's probably the same results you got that were simply declared "normal." This doc just happened to provide numbers, and 3.3 L is right there in the normal range.

Would 6 months of afib do this?

Again, I don't know what "this" is. If you're doing great functionally then what is it you're concerned with? Increased exercise tolerance is pretty much always a sign of improved health.
November 23, 2021 12:09AM
Carey

I just wonder.. does this happen with Tykosin?

I'm not sure what you mean by "this." Tikosyn has no side effects involving the lungs (except maybe a positive one, as you mentioned). The report you got sounds like it's probably the same results you got that were simply declared "normal." This doc just happened to provide numbers, and 3.3 L is right there in the normal range.

Would 6 months of afib do this?

Again, I don't know what "this" is. If you're doing great functionally then what is it you're concerned with? Increased exercise tolerance is pretty much always a sign of improved health.

by This.. I was referring to my topic and the info from the report where I wrote "lungs" . Sorry was not clear. My friends tell me I often start discussions in the middle of the topic and they have to rush to catch up LOL. I am just trying to figure out if I need to follow up on the "lungs" part of my report and wondering if afib could do this. Yes I had read same about Tykosin... but I thought I'd ask the experts here...
November 23, 2021 10:15AM
I don't see anything about your lungs you need to be concerned with. I think you're overinterpreting a normal report.

But I do have to wonder why you're still taking Tikosyn if you've been in persistent afib since July. What's the purpose?
November 23, 2021 03:42PM
Carey
I don't see anything about your lungs you need to be concerned with. I think you're overinterpreting a normal report.

But I do have to wonder why you're still taking Tikosyn if you've been in persistent afib since July. What's the purpose?

I am possibly having an ablation in January. that is why the Tikosyn. If I don't.. I will be stopping it. On it to avoid a 3 day stay after the ablation. (I know not all EPs do this but mine is conservative which is why I like him..). I did talk to my congenital doc about the report. less concerned now. thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login