Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is this wavy zigzag ekg?

Posted by susan.d 
What is this wavy zigzag ekg?
October 16, 2021 08:23PM
I felt the vibration in my chest —unlike a tachycardia where I feel a fast hr—so I took a IWatch reading. It resolved, like the others, (third today-145 and 147hr) within a minute.
Ventricular? If it is atrial tachycardia I’ll ignore them. I’m back pacing at 60. I don’t think it’s artifact. I was calm and afterwards went back chopping mushrooms.
[ibb.co]

Does my wavy zigzag resemble this?
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2021 08:49PM by susan.d.
Re: What is this wavy zigzag ekg?
October 17, 2021 08:07AM
susan.d
Does my wavy zigzag resemble this?
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

I don't think so, from your wiki link, "During ventricular fibrillation, cardiac output drops to zero, and, unless remedied promptly, death usually ensues within minutes." Since you wrote this and went back to chopping veggies....

Looks like artefact to me.
October 17, 2021 11:05AM
If it were ventricular fibrillation you wouldn't be making any recordings. You'd be face down on the floor, dead. It's impossible to be conscious during v-fib. That entire first strip is just noise and should be ignored. In fact, almost all recordings from consumer grade devices like Kardia, Apple Watch, etc. show mainly a bunch of noise in the first few seconds of recording, so don't pay much attention to the first strip with those devices.
October 17, 2021 02:11PM
Thanks
October 20, 2021 10:30PM
I got my pacemaker interrogated today. I’m waiting fir the pdf yo see if all were atrial tachycardia and not ventricular. My episodes (including the one I shared) daily range from 4-31 seconds flutter (speculation from ep) and self converted so far. Today and yesterday my heart was calm but Monday I got them as often as every minute or two for five to nine beats and then a calm 60s hr until the next one and last Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday 3-4 times a day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login