Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pre- ablation med questions

Posted by bettylou4488 
Pre- ablation med questions
October 07, 2021 05:08PM
So prior to ablation doc wants me to go off dofetilide 3 days prior (makes sense it isn't doing anything anyway at the moment). But also 2 days period to drop the cartizem CD. It is what I am using for rate control (beta blockers are difficult for me). But stay on the Xeralto. I recall from previous discussions that some of this (or all of this) is up to the doctor but I was curious if this is somewhat standard. They did say I could pop a cartizem if needed (not Extended release). I am very rate controlled right now .. around 65-80 depending. But without it it will get to 170... which I guess they said is OK for a day or two but I might need to restart my Netflix to distract myself.. LOL

Thanks
Re: Pre- ablation med questions
October 07, 2021 05:59PM
Yes, that's pretty standard procedure for most EPs. They want your heart as susceptible to afib as possible during the procedure.
October 07, 2021 06:20PM
Carey
Yes, that's pretty standard procedure for most EPs. They want your heart as susceptible to afib as possible during the procedure.

Thanks
October 08, 2021 08:14AM
Prior to my 8/6 Natale ablation they took me off the small amount of propananol i use daily. I went to half then to zero 3 days before the procedure
So i kinda knew they wanted me in that most vulnerable state. Best to you! Hope for a great success
Tom
October 09, 2021 03:05AM
Thanks Tom. I did chat with the nurse again and she said if my heart is super high I can take the non-sustained release of the cardizem even the morning of the procedure. Without it my heart rate gets pretty high but going to try and not do that if possible.

Poppino
Prior to my 8/6 Natale ablation they took me off the small amount of propananol i use daily. I went to half then to zero 3 days before the procedure
So i kinda knew they wanted me in that most vulnerable state. Best to you! Hope for a great success
Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login