Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eliquis Side Effects??? Joint and Back Pain

Posted by Poppino 
Eliquis Side Effects??? Joint and Back Pain
October 04, 2021 08:07AM
Ive been on Eliquis 5/5 since March. Ablation 3/29. 2 cardioversions. Natale ablation 8/6 LAA isolated so im in week 9 and doing great with regard to Flutter Afib. None! But ive had shoulder tendonitis and now a week of low back pain ive blamed on gym. But i dont remember hurting myself at all. Now im blaming Eliquis. Is it possible?? Is joint and back pain an Eliquis side effect???
Tom
Re: Eliquis Side Effects??? Joint and Back Pain
October 04, 2021 10:50AM
No, it's not. I've never heard of anyone experiencing back pain from Eliquis and it's not listed as a known side effect. Considering that virtually every single thing anyone ever reports about a drug gets listed as a side effect whether true or not, the fact that it's not listed is a pretty good indication Eliquis isn't the cause. I can't even imagine a mechanism by which it could be.

Every now and then I experience episodes of lower back pain that last days with no known cause. I've been examined and x-rayed and no cause has been found. It happens.
October 04, 2021 10:55AM
Ok thanks Carey. I realize that there is no logic here. Just grasping. I honestly think im having what Dr Sarno called mind body back pain. Overload of tension for me. I dont handle it properly. Appreciate
Tom
October 04, 2021 01:13PM
Are you in a statin? That could cause muscle aches.
October 04, 2021 05:13PM
Hi Susan. No my cholesterol numbers and triglycerides are great per this june 174 and good ratios and 56 on triglycerides
But good question as i am aware that statins can have those side effects. My EP here. Dr Holshouser says: your heart is great its just a little excited lol
October 09, 2021 05:59PM
Not back pain, but you mentioned joints. I am certain that the mild Arthritis in my knees is worse when I am on these drugs like Zarelto.
October 12, 2021 11:16AM
Honestly the problem i have blaming eliquis for any pain is difficult cause i was on it march thru aug. nothing. Then weeks after my ablation i hurt my shoulder
Then some back pain so???? I really do believe in the mind body connection Dr Sarno taught and i think im having some. 5 months of pressure cooker ablations ct scans travel cardioversions worry etc has now manifested in pain to a mild degree. Ive sought some therapy and am reading , its the not being in control its not knowing: LAA velocity? Watchman? Plavix? When? How long? All this goes against what i am use to. Its teaching me a hard lesson. Patience & acceptance. Ive decided to take a couple months off from weights and ocd working out. Gonna refocus. Will be a challenge for me
October 12, 2021 06:11PM
Tom,

Possibly trigger point issues? Book on topic here: [archive.org] Also online reference: [www.triggerpoints.net]

If not familiar, trigger point concept - localized muscle spasms that can refer pain elsewhere. In the book above, they teach how to look for trigger points as well as releasing them with massage or pressure. A couple of other release techniques I've learned : 1) is to put an ice pack over the trigger point and the referred pain area for 10-15 seconds, then easily stretch the muscle. 2) is an osteopathic technique called counterstrain. Find the trigger point, then try to put the muscle into a position where the trigger point pain (not the referred pain) drops by at least 2/3's. This is done while maintaining pressure on the trigger point. This is usually a position of slack. Then hold the muscle in this position for 90 seconds. Recheck to see how you've done.

I dead hang for my shoulders (see: [www.kirschshoulder.com] ) This really helps, however, if I drop out of the hang too fast or hard, I can get a trigger point in my rectus abdominis or psoas The lower rectus trigger points can cause lower back pain. [www.triggerpoints.net] . Did it a little bit while on a trip a few days ago. Immediately went and released it.
October 12, 2021 06:31PM
George thanks. Ive heard of trigger points and will ck out the book. Dead hangs i recently learned from Rich here on this site. An ortho wrote a book on it
My pain is shoulder but its bicep tendonitis. A tendon that attaches to the front of the shoulder. I did it doing pushups! Like an electric shock 8/13. Its much better but not healed so im trying to leave it alone and not sure the hangs are right? Since technically its not my shoulder its a bicep tendon but appreciate the info
You need to write a book George!
October 12, 2021 06:58PM
Poppino
Dead hangs i recently learned from Rich here on this site. An ortho wrote a book on it

Yes, this is the book: [www.kirschshoulder.com]

If it is biceps, then hanging may not be the best approach. However trigger points might be useful.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login