Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An unexpected set-back

Posted by Pixie 
An unexpected set-back
September 23, 2021 10:38AM
When I was diagnosed with AFIB in 2016, I learned that I had mitral valve regurgitation/leak. I had yearly echocardiograms and it remained the same. Yesterday I received the results of the echo I just had and it showed it has worsened. I am awaiting a call back from my EP today.

Not knowing how this will affect my AFIB plans, I feel so awful about this unexpected news,
Re: An unexpected set-back
September 23, 2021 11:08AM
I certainly dont have that answer but my first inclination is to have the Echo sent to Austin today
Tom
September 23, 2021 11:45AM
They should have it, Tom. I left a message for Norma last evening. Thanks for the advice.
September 23, 2021 12:02PM
đź‘Ť
September 24, 2021 04:09AM
In case your not aware of it, something to keep in mind, is that often the results can vary somewhat on those Echos and TEE's because their are usually different machines being used operated by different tech's, and different Dr's are interpreting the results.
September 24, 2021 09:28AM
Thats a vg point! My Charlotte EP told me to let the Natale Group do my TEE in January as they have their way of reading what they want read etc. because I suggested to him that he do it here. He said no go back to Austin. All assuming my Flutter stays at bay til then. Im 7 wks today post ablation. I grasp Pixie s anxiety as i battle it as well. This condition in my opinion lends itself to some therapy for many of us , im not embarrassed to say it
September 24, 2021 12:22PM
Hi Tom - There should be no embarrassment regarding therapy to help afibber’s cope with the distress/anxiety that it can cause. In fact, it’s very smart because when you are managing anxiety/stress successfully, then (collectively) your body’s systems have a better chance to function normally. When one or several systems are impaired/compromised because of stress, then the down-stream purpose or function is often compromised… sometimes severely. I’m working on a post on this very topic and hope to post soon.

Glad to see you are doing better.

Best to you,
Jackie
September 24, 2021 12:48PM
Thanks everyone for responding. Great points have been made. Tom, your point about the anxiety is right on. It is hard to deal with at times. Like me, I am sure you are trying to handle it as best as you can. I do get impatient with the “road blocks” that some of us face. I do not have a general cardiologist even though I asked 2 years ago if I needed one. My EP told me at that time she would “follow” the valve situation. When the report came back, I was told to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist. I called right away and the soonest I could get in was February 2. No one could help me get in any sooner?? That is what I have a hard time dealing with. Dr. Natale will be reviewing this on Monday, so I will know more from his point of view then. I am just going to try to let it go for now. There is nothing else I can do.
September 24, 2021 05:32PM
Yes Pixie one thing i do is make everything a 10 when in reality its not. We all may have a leaky valve or 2. My echo last January reavealed 2 and i quized dr Holshouser about it. He said stop!!!! Youre fine it’s minimal and your atrium is actually better than A few yrs ago. Probably cause your BP is better. So try and not think terrible things cause they usually are not. Let Dr Natale do his thing. He ll know Jackie is so right and she has helped me with tools for anxiety fear worry etc. all the best to and comfort getting to Austin
September 26, 2021 09:21PM
Hypnosis on relaxation has worked for me. I hope it works for others!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login