Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Watchman commercial

Posted by Mark 
Watchman commercial
September 17, 2021 11:18PM
Maybe I have been missing them, but today, for the first time, I saw a television commercial for the Watchman. I think it was sponsored by Boston Scientific. Is this something recent or have I been snoozing?
Re: Watchman commercial
September 18, 2021 07:48AM
Walt ive seen the Watchman commercials for quite a while. So yes you snoozing !
Plenty on youtube as well. Seems like there is no absolute consensus on the med protocol following the device placement
Continue eliquis at lower dosage? Plavix and aspirin. Aspirin???? Anyway i might be on the path so we ll see what The Natale Group says
I think in Eurpoe its 4 months Plavix here 6. So……..it does seem like a wonderful creation to prevent clot risk and to possibly get off anticoagulant
Tom
September 18, 2021 11:07AM
To add a little more: there is now the Watchman Flex which seems like the more common choice. My EP here has done a bunch. Its amazing to me that over 90% of clots form in the LAA something i never knew. But to seal that opening off is quite the game changer and from what ive studied its 50-60 min procedure. The Cleveland clinic video says they like to put them in during afib ablations. Reducing another procedure thus reducing all risks. But! I guess? If its put in too soon then the LAA cannot be reablated (touchup) idk???
So Natale group waits to see if you are indeed in durable anti arrhythmia flutter in my case. But as Carey has stated if my LAA pumps at 60% or better then no Watchman no Eliquis. So a 40% chance of that
September 18, 2021 11:45PM
I’ll try to be more awake. Good luck with any future procedures.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login