Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Price of Eliquis major increase 2022 part D

Posted by smackman 
Price of Eliquis major increase 2022 part D
September 16, 2021 10:01AM
Aetna formerly Silver Scripts just sent out the projected cost for Medicare Part D Prescription drugs for 2022. It’s the 2022 Annual notice of Changes.
The monthly premium in my state goes up approximately $2 a month BUT the Deductible for Tier 3-5 goes up from $215 to $480 AND by my calculations the cost of Eliquis for a preferred Pharmacy has Eliquis going up from $35 a month to approximately $86 a month. Eliquis is a Tier 3 Drug and in 2022 they will pay 17% of a Tier 3 drug instead of the $35 dollar Tier 3 cost for 2021.
I will have to probably look at Warfarin. The cost of drugs like Eliquis, Xarelto etc is ridiculous for Medicare Part D. The people who need the most help are not getting it. Just passing along the beginning of changes for 2022 Part D. We will know a lot more after October 1 when the formulary book or website updates. Very discouraging.
Re: Price of Eliquis major increase 2022 part D
September 16, 2021 03:24PM
Smackman;

i pay $43.00 for a 90 day supply of Xeralto, then in around the first of Oct. that price goes up and i will then have to pay close to $300 for the same 90 pills until the end of the year and the first month of the next year. Now that is my cost now, you are saying that it is going up, i will have to chec k on the price. Our insurance system is lousy we are paying way too much for drugs. The ins. companies know that if we are on a blood thinner then we have to remain, so they are making money on us.
September 16, 2021 04:05PM
Elizabeth
Smackman;

i pay $43.00 for a 90 day supply of Xeralto, then in around the first of Oct. that price goes up and i will then have to pay close to $300 for the same 90 pills until the end of the year and the first month of the next year. Now that is my cost now, you are saying that it is going up, i will have to chec k on the price. Our insurance system is lousy we are paying way too much for drugs. The ins. companies know that if we are on a blood thinner then we have to remain, so they are making money on us.

Are you on Medicare Part D? If you are, who do you use? I use Aetna which use to be Silverscripts. I pay this year a $215 Tier 3 deductible then $105 for 3 months of Eliquis until I hit the max which will be soon
Aetna raised there Tier 3 and above deductible to $480 before it pays fir drugs like Eliquis for 2022 PLUS they are only paying 17% for a Tier 3 drug like Eliquis or Xarelto meaning a 3 month supply after meeting the $480 deductible will be around $260 instead of $105 this year. It’s a BIG JUMP in price.
September 16, 2021 04:29PM
Yes, even the Canadian pharmacies have jumped their prices. Planed Drugs Direct, where I've been buying mine, is now about $2 for each 5 mg generic pill.
September 16, 2021 11:36PM
Smackman;

Yes, i was with Silverscript and now it is Aetna. I should have said that the $43. was for a 30 day supply and I paid $129. for a 3 months supply, you are paying a little less than I am. I don't know how much I will have to pay but probably around what you are saying, I will check it out. There was supposed to be a generic but so far there isn't one, the drug companies are making to much money on these drugs..
September 17, 2021 12:20AM
[www.eliquis.bmscustomerconnect.com]
For those who don’t pay for Medicare D and have a retirement/employer Rx insurance plan.

I have an employer rx insurance with a cheap copay so for me Eliquis is $10 months for 60 tablets of 5mg. Check out multaq website for their $50 off monthly coupon. I get it for free.

I also shop here: use the referral code
ref6604998

and you get $50 off your first order. I have used them for years. Great expiration dates and quick delivery.
[www.israelpharm.com]

Brand Eliquis 5mg 56 Tablets
$105.00

Brand Eliquis 2.5mg 56 Tablets
$105.00
Same price for 2.5mg and 5mg. For those who take 2.5 it’s worth splitting the pill and order the 5mg.

So with your $50 off it is $55 for 28 days

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2021 12:27AM by susan.d.
September 17, 2021 10:32AM
Elizabeth
Smackman;

Yes, i was with Silverscript and now it is Aetna. I should have said that the $43. was for a 30 day supply and I paid $129. for a 3 months supply, you are paying a little less than I am. I don't know how much I will have to pay but probably around what you are saying, I will check it out. There was supposed to be a generic but so far there isn't one, the drug companies are making to much money on these drugs..

The reason you pay $43 a month is because your pharmacy is not a Preferred Pharmacy. I have to use the big pharmacy companies like Walmart or Brookshires in my area to get the lowest price. Most smaller pharmacies take Aetna BUT they are not “ Preferred” so they charge more. I found this out last year. I would also pay $43 a month instead of $35 if I did not use a big chain.
September 17, 2021 03:59PM
Smackman:

That is where i got my Xeralto from, walmarts., they said they were a preferred pharmacy. Maybe it is the state where they are located,
September 18, 2021 11:55AM
Elizabeth
Smackman:

That is where i got my Xeralto from, walmarts., they said they were a preferred pharmacy. Maybe it is the state where they are located,
Walmart’s is a preferred pharmacy. It must be state. With the price jumping so much in 2022 for Eliquis, I will financially be forced to go with Warafin. I started with Pradaxa in 2011. Then no I swapped between Eliquis and Xarelto because one year Silverscripts did not cover Eliquis. It will be years before a generic comes out for any of the NOAC’s. Personally, that’s BS they can do that but the drug companies are money suckers.

Our President is in Permanent AFIB but cost means zero to All line this. It’s sad but the monthly blood checks for Warafin are covered 100% with my supplement after the Part A ded is paid for.
September 27, 2021 03:00PM
Smackman:

Yes, i have reached the donut hole and my cost for 90 tabs is $390., so i am just getting 30 tabs for now at a cost of $130. I spoke with a person at Aetna and in Oct. (that is when i can change my ins.) I can check their different ins. i can pay a little more monthly to perhaps get a cheaper price on my drug. So, i have to get the 30 tabs until i find out what i can do, perhaps i can get a different ins. also.

These phar. companies are greedy, I thought a generic was supposed to be here now but hey they are making too much money to do that. I would take Coumadin but I tried that years ago and I got 2 very bloodshot eyes so i had to quit it.
September 29, 2021 11:03PM
FYI
Someone on this forum checked out prices of this online pharmacy after I posted last week and found Xarelto cheaper since her cost will go up until next year. She is on Xarelto and PM me she will order. I hope it’s useful for those whose prices have jumped until next year kicks in. You need a prescription which you either scan or take a photo. In the shopping cart there is a window link to upload. It’s pretty easy :

Xarelto
Brand Xarelto 20mg 28 Tablets
$69.00

Brand Xarelto 15mg 28 Tablets
$69.00

Brand Xarelto 10mg 10 Tablets
$23.00
Add to cart
Brand Xarelto 2.5mg 56 Tablets

10mg, 15mg and 20mg are the same price. Maybe you can split them.

Eliquis
Brand Eliquis 5mg 56 Tablets
$105.00

Brand Eliquis 2.5mg 56 Tablets
$105.00
Same price for 2.5mg and 5mg. For those who take 2.5 it’s worth splitting the pill and order the 5mg.

And then subtract $50 using the code below:

I shop here: use the referral code
ref6604998 to get $50 off your first order. I received my drugs in 3-4 days free shipping and and expiration date was better than the chain stores.

I have used them for years. My sister in law told me about them. She has been using them longer. Great expiration dates and quick delivery.
[www.israelpharm.com]

So with your $50 off coupon Eliquis is $55 for 28 days and Xarelto is $19. Brand name, blister pack,
October 20, 2021 09:08AM
The generic for Eliquis, Apixiban, is out and has been available in Canada for some time. I have been buying it for a year.

However, the Canadian pharmacy has upped the price on the generic to only a 10% discount to the name brand so it may not be worth the 25 cents or so per pill saving to use it.

The generic pills are scored so they're easy to split.

[www.planetdrugsdirect.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login