Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does permanent afib come suddenly?

Posted by susan.d 
Does permanent afib come suddenly?
August 29, 2021 11:35PM
How common is two days of an individual nsr then afib then nsr and repeat again? My afib and STV (back and forth alternating) back again 12 hours after an episode that converted and during the night I self converted for 50 minutes before STV (12 lead Er showed fluctuations from STV to afib) returned. Basically afib, STV, nsr…repeat. Is this permanent afib?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2021 01:08PM by susan.d.
Re: Does permanent afib come suddenly?
August 30, 2021 05:40AM
I wish you'll soon be fine, Susan.
August 30, 2021 08:35AM
Personally I feel you need to ask your EP/Cardiologist all these technical Questions. I was in Persistent AFIB when I was diagnosed in late 2011. I probably had been popping in and out of AFIB but I ignored it. I lost 90+ lbs in 2011. My AFIB was found during my annual physical.
I have had 2 Ablations both by Dr. Natale. One in Feb 2014 the second in June or July of 2016. I had been ECV so many times…..
You need professional advice. There are some very knowledgeable individuals on this forum but you obviously have a lot of issues that I feel needs to be professionally addressed.
I will be praying for you.
August 30, 2021 09:03AM
I converted for 45 minutes and it’s back in 150s. You are right smackman. However some EPs give questionable advice like when I was in the hospital yesterday and they suggested amiodarone. It contains 10% iodine and I’m allergic to iodine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2021 01:09PM by susan.d.
August 30, 2021 02:49PM
Because I have long taken my BP almost every day and recorded it to show my doctor every six months, I have a long, detailed record of both my BP and my heart rate. Sometime between 5/25 and 6/9 of this year, my heart rate flipped from 60s-70s to 120s. It never went back. I have permanent, “silent” Afib. On 6/16, I started metoprolol and Eliquis. On 7/14, I had a successful cardioversion. In my case, it seems that my permanent Afib came on suddenly. Good luck Susan.
August 30, 2021 03:47PM
Thanks IceMan. It’s only a label and will not define me being in permanent afib. Just curious enough to post.
August 30, 2021 07:51PM
I think the simple answer is like so many things that has to do with Afib....Everybody is different so the variance is too wide to describe or guess at.....thats why so many different opinions from so many in the know people...1 size does not fit all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login