Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ablation -- afib again

Posted by jennifer92151 
ablation -- afib again
August 19, 2021 05:19PM
I had my ablation June 29, and had a couple of really rough weeks afterward. The last episode stopped on July 13 and I have been afib free since. Just after midnight I awoke to afib again, which lasted until 9:00 when I woke up and found that it had gone. I know it was still going strong at 6 AM. I've read that afib after 4 weeks post-ablation can be an indicator that the ablation was not successful. The know the cardiologist said three months. I just wondered if any of you have opinions about this, from your own experiences.
Re: ablation -- afib again
August 19, 2021 09:51PM
Following my ablation back in July 2018 i was cardioverted a couple times following. I was scheduled for one more cardioversion which i believe would have been the 3rd and the day before I converted back to sinus rhythm. This was several weeks beyond what is considered the blanking period.
Ken
August 20, 2021 08:38AM
After my last ablation in Jan. 2020, I went 3 months with no problems, then for two months, 6 afib episodes surfaced, and all were stopped with flecainide. Then all clear for the last year. Not the norm, but hopefully, things will smooth out for you.
August 20, 2021 11:30AM
The problem with our experiences is we're all different.
Add to this that atrial fibrillation is a weird beast about which certainties are rare, and for which no treatment is 100% efficient.
Ablation is now commonly said being the best one, at least for paroxismal afibbers, but it often requires a second procedure to reach the best results. And sometimes more.
Predictions about the evolution of afib are mostly based on statistics. There are no rules. Just chances to...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login