Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Advice?

Posted by triplea 
August 16, 2021 10:17PM
I'm 66 yo and I was diagnosed with paroxysmal AF 4 years ago. For 3 years I would average 2 or 3 episodes per year each lasting 10-12 hours. .
This year episodes increased to 2 -3 per month. Episodes always start with stomach issues such as bloating & gas while in bed. Went to an EP
in early June was put on Xarelto and now have scheduled an ablation in Nov.
I decided to try a digestive enzyme with probiotics to see if it would help. Since starting this in early July, I have not experienced any Afib.
I realize it's only 5 weeks but I'm amazed at the lack of stomach issues and subsiquent AFib episodes.
Wondering if anyone has had similar results???
August 19, 2021 08:45AM
I do know a friend and I were talking about that- about how her episodes came on mostly after big meals ... She does do enzymes.
August 19, 2021 10:23AM
Some thoughts Triplea,

My experience with reducing afib episodes has been: getting my diet extremely clean (organic), no processed foods with flavor additives, knowing all my triggers; including alcohol, caffeine, sugars, salts, soy, dehydration; reducing physical and emotional stress, not taking supplements unless I know I have a known documented medical deficit. These changes have been essential. It's a lifestyle that is not as much 'fun', but in the long run much healthier in so many regards - your body will thank you.

And if you have not already, read the book, The AFIB CURE, it's a bible for Afib.

Good luck and remember 'don't panic, it's organic'

Jeff
August 19, 2021 11:08AM
What digestive enzyme are you using?
August 19, 2021 11:13AM
I too in my early journey of afib would automatically get afib if I threw up. It was a given. What probiotics are you taking?
August 19, 2021 10:13PM
Years ago, one of our members, Peggy Merrill, kept a "list" of people who had figured out protocols to mitigate their afib. During the end part of 2007, this was compiled and the results are here. If you read through, you'll find a number of folks who were helped materially when they solved their digestion issues.

A little bit later, Jackie, who still posts, put tother this report on heartburn.

Though for other issues than afib, I've found adding in Betaine HCL to increase stomach acid, in addition to enzymes as very beneficial. This book talks about the reasons.

There can be vagus nerve involvement in afib initiation. Many digestive issues will impact the vagus nerve. Hence if you can solve these issues, you may improve your afib situation.
August 20, 2021 01:56PM
Thanks, George, for your reference link to that post.

Also, there's another that may also be helpful... Digestive Wellness.
[www.afibbers.org]

As you note, one influence that's more common than one might think is the lack of natural stomach acid production.
Taking supplemental betaine hydrochloride with meals is certainly known to help in many cases. It certainly
did in my case.... especially, with protein-containing meals.

I also use a 'multi' complex which targets the digestive process. One I've used for a very long time
is by Source Naturals..., Daily Essential Enzymes, 500 mg, 240 Capsules

Jackie
August 23, 2021 09:47PM
I have been using Digest Basic plus Probiotics by Enzymedica. So far so good.
(And I have read The AFib Cure)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2021 09:49PM by triplea.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login