Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2021-22 Best Hospitals for Cardiology —US News

Posted by Pixie 
2021-22 Best Hospitals for Cardiology —US News
August 03, 2021 01:01AM
The above article was in the news today. I have been searching for a TOP EP in the Midwest and just learned that the number 1 rated center is Cleveland Clinic and number 2 is Mayo Clinic - Rochester. Does anyone know of a top EP at either of these centers? My AFlutter/AFIB case is complicated.
Re: 2021-22 Best Hospitals for Cardiology —US News
August 03, 2021 01:59PM
Austin TX
August 03, 2021 04:08PM
Pixie.....without knowing an exact Ep. in either of those....it would be fall down scull cracking surprising if either...esp. the Cleveland Clinic did not have an ABUNDANT let alone 1 EP's who could not handle your case + frankly much harder in every likelihood.

As i said in another thread......short of the best (Natale) either 1 of those are no brainer destinations for you esp. from your location considering your only a 3 rochester 7 cleveland hour drive..... provided you can swing it with the Wisconson/Medicare situations you face.

Cleveland Clinic....miller center....huge cardiac dept.....8006597833....8662896911

1 Ep. i noticed at the top for ratings of that Top Cardiac center was....Usman Ahmad...2164456860 direct line.

I don't know him from Adam but if you are getting the best Ep. in the Best overall ticker fixing place on the globe.......if your medicare can swing it....you cannot do better then that + if you could do better somewhere else it would be by let's just say a photo finish who edges that combination Ep/Clinic out.

All the best

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2021 04:15PM by vanlith.
August 03, 2021 05:44PM
It's good to keep in mind that I am the recipient of 5 failed ablations performed by "top" EPs with impressive credentials, and I'm not alone. Without doubt CC and Mayo are excellent institutions, and the institution matters, but not every EP they have with impressive credentials can necessarily handle a complex case, particularly when it's persistent AF. Most EPs can't or won't isolate the LAA, for example, and it's quite often the key to ending persistent AF. The reality is, depending on Pixie's particulars she could be beyond the capabilities of many "top" EPs, just like I was.

I'll try to have a name or two by this evening, as promised.
August 20, 2021 10:16PM
For those looking for a few of Dr. Natale's protege's, below are a handful of names to choose from, off the cuff.

Dr. Pasquale Santangeli - University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Dr. Luigi DiBiase - Director of Complex Arrhythmia - Montefiore Medical Center - the Bronx NYC
Dr. D.J. Lakkreddy - Director of Kansas City Heart Rhythm Institute
Dr. Amin al-Ahmad - TCAI - St. Davids Medical Center (Does AFIB ABL and is THE elite Go-To Guy for lead extraction of pacers and ICDs)
Dr. Rodney Horton - TCAI - St. Davids Medical Center (Does AFIB ABL and is the most experienced Watchman FLX installer I know of)
Dr. David Burkhardt - TCAI - St. Davids Medical Center (Does AFIB ABL and is a Stereotaxis expert who specializes in VT ( Ventricular Tachy)

The last three EPs are only listed last simply because they are at St Davids Med. Center. Thus, while they all are outstanding ablation EPs, with 'The Maestro' equally available to choose from at St. Davids as well, it makes the choice a rather 'no-brainer'.

Cheers!
Shannon
August 21, 2021 12:38AM
For Pixie's purposes, Lakkreddy would be the only one in the midwest.
August 28, 2021 06:33PM
I think my EP back in 2012, Conor Barret, worked with Dr Natale at Cleveland Clinic. He's now at Mass General

Conor Barrett
Clinical Director, Cardiac Arrhythmia Service @ MGH Heart Center

Touch wood next October it'll be 10 years in NSR.

Nice to see your name there Shannon, GeorgeN and other familiar contributors..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login