Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Son needs ablation - UCSF?

Posted by Cindy Oh 
Son needs ablation - UCSF?
July 28, 2021 01:56PM
Hi Shannon and all - in 2012 I had two ablations by Natale. After the first I was in the hospital (CPMC in San Francisco) for three weeks while Natale’s colleagues made failed attempts to quiet my racing heart. Natale was only at CPMC one week per month. My heart was finally put back in rhythm with IV amiodarone. Took months to recover. After that horrendous experience I had a second ablation with Natale which worked for four years.

In 2013 I went to Austin twice, once for a failed attempt at a Lariat, and 6 months later for a successful Watchman. Afib returned in 2016, had another heart racing emergency in 2018, and now am happily taking Multaq, which works extremely well and I experience no side effects.

Now my son, age 58, has developed afib and a year down the road has been told by his cardiologist that he needs an ablation. He has had chronic fatigue syndrome since the age of 20, well under control now, but traveling is very difficult for him. I have a friend who had a successful (so far) ablation with Dr Gerstenfeld at UCSF four years ago. Anyone know anything about him? Shannon?

Would appreciate any information on EPs in the San Francisco Bay area. Thanks!
Re: Son needs ablation - UCSF?
July 29, 2021 02:47PM
Apparently two EPs at CPMC, Dr Hao and Dr Hongo trained under Natale. Both seem to be very experienced and well thought of. My cardiologist told me that both were “superb”. They’re the only two I know about.
July 29, 2021 04:04PM
Natale practices at Los Robles in Thousand Oaks, CA. He's only there once per month, but he does procedures when he's there.
July 29, 2021 07:44PM
Wednesday through Friday once a month. Monday and Tuesday he is at scripps in La Jolla, Ca near San Diego.
August 20, 2021 05:40PM
Thanks to all. My son has an appointment with Steven Hao next month.

Regards -
Cindy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login