Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Testosterone (not off subject)

Posted by Poppino 
Testosterone (not off subject)
July 23, 2021 07:26PM
Some yrs ago. Many? Maybe it was George & couple others that brought up (here) the idea that low T (sorry fems) might be a factor in increased risk and occurrence of afib. I had mine tested a few yrs ago. 375. Low but in the range of 300-1100. Life Extension had a great expose on T couple yrs ago. It DOES NOT cause prostate cancer. If psa is high or u had PC then no! What happens when T goes down? Prostate cancer low sex drive ,loss of vitality , loss of muscle , disease , heart problems etc etc. so! What would happen if T were kept higher??? In 50-80 age men. Do men that are excessively athletic have lower T? Leading to afib? Does taxing the heart for yrs lead to afib? One negative : T injections can lead to higher RBC count. Thicker blood. This happened when i tried it. I donated blood which temporarily lowers RBC s it also triggered tach in me. It seemed? Short episodes 30 - 180’mins. So i quit 2 yrs ago and i used little but……i will say ive never felt better. Every aspect. Well being , alert , sex, muscle , i went to 165. Im 155 now
Im still in the right setting a supporter but wont use it
T
Re: Testosterone (not off subject)
July 23, 2021 07:45PM
I’ve been tested for Low T a few times. I forget my reading but I remember it being comparable to a 70 year old and I was only a 55 year old. I hadn’t heard the link and I google way too much. I’d love to supplement and gain a little muscle back!!
July 23, 2021 07:58PM
As time goes by I believe T use will become very scientific and its use more mainstream but monitored
All i know is i felt great and i used 1/2 cc every 2 - 4 weeks. Low! By blood type is AB neg the rarest. I also have 5 PVs not 3 or 4
My dad is 95. Hes perfect! Were it not for my heart electrical crap id be vg! But…….
July 23, 2021 08:23PM
Poppino, I read somewhere that when you stop using it then your body has to start generating it again from scratch, since it stops generating its own when you’re taking T. What was it like when you stopped?
July 23, 2021 08:33PM
Good point Brian. I was using such a low dose that there was no noticeable effect from discontinuation
1 cc per week is recommended. I was using 1/2 cc every 2-3 weeks for maybe 6-9 months. It was a perfect amount it seemec. But i was playing Dr which isnt smart
But a tad of T isnt gonna hurt much. But everything improved especially the week following use.
July 24, 2021 02:07AM
I've been on 'T' for several years with a short year or so hiatus.

My only issue is I have high hematocrit levels. Even without it. I've started donating blood every couple months and it appears to be helping with that.

I'm on .8cc every two weeks. I feel better with the full 1cc but it's where my doc wants me for now. The only issue with biweekly is it's not natural and creates highs and lows.

I'm going to try doing weekly injections for a while and see how that works. Ideally taking lower doses every few days would probably be best.
July 24, 2021 07:18AM
Agree, what about 1/2 cc ea week. I agree there are ups and downs , i would notice the beneficial effect for say 5 days then it waned
Have you noticed any adverse heart action? Or do you think its actually better? Do you use a gel? Inject in hip or thigh?
T
July 24, 2021 09:27AM
Being a prostate cancer survivor as well as having two Natale afib ablations over 15 years, I've learned that testosterone does not cause prostate cancer but will accelerate its growth once detected. My medical mafia uses PSA testing to determine whether its returning after cyberknife radiation 3 years ago. They also used rate of change of PSA readings increases to initiate the protocol for prostate cancer before then.

I was on testosterone for several years prior to the prostate cancer diagnosis. My testosterone values were under 100 a year after the cyberknife treatment. After a year of virtually zero PSA I was prescirbed either bimonthly testosterone shots or quarterly Testopel implants. I have done both and prefer the implants which I'm still getting from my Urologist.

Also, I've learned for me testosterone is not a known cause of or solution for Afib; having said that energy, mood and activity are all better when my testosterone tests around 500 at age 84 so the conclusion is that I'm probably keeping my heart healthier by the increased activity due to the testosterone.

Testosterone has never been brought up by my Cardiologist or Dr. Natale's staff and I always list it among my medications.

My world is a better place with my testosterone readings in the normal range.
July 24, 2021 10:01AM
Very interesting story Held! Thankyou. Yes if you had PC then T is gas on a fire. Wonder what your T number was at time of PC diagnosis? Life Extension eluded to the thought that most men diagnosed with PC have low T. If high T caused PC then boys 18-30 what have it?
Sounds like youve found a happy medium & im greatful. My RBC got to 15.7 so thats when i began donations. But ive heard that the lowering effect is very short lived??? Idk
Im AB- so i get hit on constantly by Red Cross & others drives.
T
July 24, 2021 10:55AM
My T was supplemented at the time of my PC diagnosis so it was around 500 then, too., but I don't have a record.
July 24, 2021 12:23PM
I'm curious what doctor is prescribing T injections for someone with normal T levels. Or are we talking illegal steroids here?
July 24, 2021 12:41PM
Hey Pop...oh Natural always the best.

I am 63 and an Animal heath nut esp. since being whole again after my 2018 ablation.

My TEST. is at the level of guys in their 20-30's....it's measured dif. up in Canada but that's me...as of 2 years ago anyway.....as i missed my last annual checkup last year due this insane overreaction going on in society now...anyway we'll leave that 1 alone.....going next month for another checkup so will get TEST.. and others checked then.

7 natural things to increase your TEST. hugely i promise

#1 D-ASPARTIC ACID POWDER...about 3g a day 5 days a week....so no need to cycle then (on a few weeks then off a few)...see results in about 10 days
#2 FENUGREEK....about 1200mg a day....best taken with zinc + magnesium for best results that you will see in days.
#3 Goji Berries (dried)....about 5-10 grams a day.....this is powerful stuff...hours to days your energy level will increase by a lot.
#4 ASHWAGANDHA .....about 500mg a day....takes about 2 months...will cut cortisol levels + give you a nice Test. boost that lasts.
#5 CHELATED ZINC...30mg a day...takes about 2 months...added bonus take with green tea extract to help the zinc absorb into the cells as zinc alone in not good at that...green tea extract + also Quercin are Zinc ionophores which help's zinc effectiveness hugely....super excellent in this COVID 19 era + anytime for overall immune system health....IF absorbed correctly.
#6 VIT D....5,000-10,000 IU a day
#7 PPROBIOTICS...not a supplement but very important for sleep, stress, weight loss + immune/gut health.

Not on the list but if you want an instant boost in lets just say sexual prowess or firmness......L-CITRILINE POWDER...1.5-3g a day

TEST. killers

LACK OF SLEEP
STRESS...esp. chronic stress
BEING OVERWEIGHT or any extra #'s don't help
LACK OF....ZINC.... MAG.....VIT. A.... VIT. D

Maybe you are already taking some of these POP. but just adjust the levels a little for the kind of results your looking for.

Hit the health food store or better yet order online at Vitacost, Swansons or a dozen more....My choice is Vitacost with not a close 2nd.

Wait till after your ablation in mid. sept. to get your TEST. taken again if you take any of this seriously and want to try it.....in other words after starting this regiment or parts of it if are going to....wait 2 months before your next test......but i PROMISE you......you will not need a blood test or a doctor to tell you how much of an energy boost you will be feeling shortly.

The only thing that worries me is your heart is still not whole + your medications also might be an issue....check carefully for interactions so this is more of a post perfect ablation suggestion than pre but if you want to try some pre..... i would take 1 of these at a time with a few days or at least 1 day in between to see how your heart reacts to each. If 1 is good move to #2 with a pause + so on...baby steps now with marathons after the good Dr. is finished with you.

GL POP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2021 01:00PM by vanlith.
July 24, 2021 01:24PM
Thanks van good stuff. Im on 50 zinc. D Aspartic acid? I know citrulline is found in watermelon rind. Sorta like arginine too?
Ok good ideas. I maintain good muscle at 67 plus and no issues yet otherwise lol. But ill add some of that safely
July 24, 2021 01:28PM
Oh and D 5000. My D 3 weeks ago was 77 in physical. I need to add probiotics and citrulline. Is that taken on empty stomach? Fenugreek too. Ive never used it
July 24, 2021 01:31PM
Carey
I'm curious what doctor is prescribing T injections for someone with normal T levels. Or are we talking illegal steroids here?

I’m not on T but there’s some disagreement among doctors about the normal range. E.g., some think that 300 which is considered normal, is way too low and will treat to a higher number. As we age the “normal” is said to decrease. Some think that it shouldn’t and we should take supplemental T to keep it at 800 or so. So no it’s not illegal steroids, just some doctors and individuals disagreeing with what’s considered normal.
July 24, 2021 03:07PM
Right Brian im not sure if T is technically a steriod like anavar or dianibol etc. and of course no one knows what is the right level for a particular person given age & other health factors. Even though i was 350 my Dr said no way! Saying i was maintaining muscle and had no sexual issues. 2 yrs ago mine came from a Mens Clinic - you see them advertised. Its an interesting subject but i guess id ask: ok whats the downside of being 500-800. My psa is 0.7. Right now i have bigger fish to fry. I want left flutter outa my life
Since my 7/16 cardioversion ive had smooth sailing
July 24, 2021 03:17PM
T does naturally decrease with age. So does that make it ok? Afib cases increase with age. Hips go bad with age. Mental sharpness decreases with age. Sex drive decreases with age etc etc. we all want that magic bullet and im not saying T is it. But it does have possible promise in improving some issues. They readily hand out hormones to women in menopause and post. Like Primarin. My mom took it. She died at 81 of uterine cancer. My wife s mom took it. Breast cancer had a mastectomy but lived to 96. My wife battled thru menopause never took anything , is T risky? I guess in lg amounts but i have not seen the proof
July 24, 2021 03:29PM
Poppino
Oh and D 5000. My D 3 weeks ago was 77 in physical. I need to add probiotics and citrulline. Is that taken on empty stomach? Fenugreek too. Ive never used it

Fenugreek with food.....Citrulline on an empty stomach or between meals...ideally about an hour before a workout...i take 2g before + 1G about 1/2 hour after...all before any food other then Whey, Black Maca, BCAA'S + Creatine but no food.

As far as D-ASPARTIC ACID there are many accepted studies that show an increase of 42% in your TEST. # in 12 days.....All this stuff raises TEST. in mostly around normal TEST. scores...in men that have low TEST. in my opinion you will see a rocket fuel rise in your TEST.

If i had to take only 1 of my listed TEST. boosters it would be D-ASPARTIC ACID POWDER.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2021 03:38PM by vanlith.
July 24, 2021 03:43PM
Ok awesome info. Im sensitive so no maca and no creatine. I started using it last October. In 3 weeks i went into afib. 21hrs. Not flutter ! Afib but converted. Then i read studies saying it can cause arrhythmias even in young. But the d aspatic acid sounds great. What brand? Powder? Amazon? Thanks
T
July 24, 2021 03:55PM
Poppino
Ok awesome info. Im sensitive so no maca and no creatine. I started using it last October. In 3 weeks i went into afib. 21hrs. Not flutter ! Afib but converted. Then i read studies saying it can cause arrhythmias even in young. But the d aspatic acid sounds great. What brand? Powder? Amazon? Thanks
T

ALLMAX or PRIMAFORCE are 2 top notchers that come to mind.

Yes powder....just under 2/3 of a teaspoon (not heaping) or you can use their little measure scoop most come with....3.2 grams is the gold standard just before your 1st meal of the day.....it's usually taken 4 weeks on + 2-4 weeks off but as i said before if you take it 5 days on 2 off.....that will do fine.

Also i see POP you use 50mg zinc...powerful dose...are you taking it with Green Tea Extract or Quercin?
You could cut back that dose + get much more zinc directly into your cells with either of those 2 zinc ionophores...less zinc more absorption.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2021 05:15PM by vanlith.
July 24, 2021 06:10PM
No green tea. I know of quercetin and probably should add that. I stay away from my triggers. Im already a wired type so no maca no creatine no tribulis but i do drink a small amount of coffee ea am. No issue. Ok gonna look at a revamp tweaked away from known trouble makers
But appreciate the info!
July 25, 2021 08:57AM
If you're talking about my post, no steroids ever. My pre PC diagnosis T level of 500 was because of T suppplementation. The unsupplemented level was under 300.

The product used was Androgel rub on for several years before the PC problem.
August 11, 2021 12:10PM
Thought I would add my story here.

I am 74 and when I was in my early 50's was diagnosed with low testosterone. My internist prescribed Androgel to be applied daily. The only real symptoms of low T were my numbers. Stayed on the gel for six months and my numbers rose to above normal but no other effects. I really disliked rubbing the gel on daily so I quit..

At 56 was diagnosed with testicular cancer and had an orchiectomy. Now my testosterone numbers were low normal to well below normal. Discussed treatment but was not enthused about going back to the rub and did not like what I read about the injections. So, opted for no treatment.

After my arrhythmia diagnoses and Natale ablation was very focused on leaning why I had developed arrhythmia.. Read some study (maybe in Europe) where a link was found between arrhythmia and testosterone. I asked Natale and his opinion was that there was no link......I was genetically predisposed for arrhythmia.

Steve
Spring, Tx.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login