Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eliquis now for 4 months. Lethargic? Weak Tired???

Posted by Poppino 
Eliquis now for 4 months. Lethargic? Weak Tired???
July 23, 2021 06:59PM
Ive been on 10 mg eliquis since prior to my 3/29 ablation cept some 5 mg in June when i went nsr. But lately ive had some weak tired lazy sleepy lethargic days lately. Is this a side effect of Eliquis? At all common? Im normally a ball of fire. My other meds are Propananol 10/10 which is lower than ever. HR 60s. BP 135/78 at 4 pm. I use cbd melatonin 15 mg a a few mgs of valium and some Gaba all at 9 pm. Too much sleep inducing stuff??
T
Re: Eliquis now for 4 months. Lethargic? Weak Tired???
July 23, 2021 07:03PM
Poppino
Ive been on 10 mg eliquis since prior to my 3/29 ablation cept some 5 mg in June when i went nsr. But lately ive had some weak tired lazy sleepy lethargic days lately. Is this a side effect of Eliquis? At all common? Im normally a ball of fire. My other meds are Propananol 10/10 which is lower than ever. HR 60s. BP 135/78 at 4 pm. I use cbd melatonin 15 mg a a few mgs of valium and some Gaba all at 9 pm. Too much sleep inducing stuff??
T

"Fatigue
Fatigue (lack of energy) wasn’t reported in clinical studies of Eliquis. However, fatigue can be a symptom of blood loss or anemia, which are possible side effects of Eliquis.

If you have fatigue while taking Eliquis, talk with your doctor. They may check you for any symptoms of internal bleeding. (See the “Bleeding” section above to learn more.) Your doctor may also test your blood to see if you’re anemic."

July 23, 2021 07:27PM
I’m very symptomatic to drugs however Eliquis has not affected me except for bruising. When was your ecv? I feel like a truck hit me for about 10 days afterwards. Maybe it’s the heat.

Time for a nap. :-)
July 23, 2021 07:38PM
They did blood work last fri. All good. No anemia. ECV was 7 days ago. Propofol. Yesterday felt vg. Day before tired off on. Today 25% weaker than normal. Idk i also have anxiety some so any tweak and i fall apart. Im use to feeling great. Been a rough 4 months. 3/10 cardioversion 3/29!ablation. May 8 days of flutter. Trip to Austin 7/5 , 6 days of flutter 7/16 cardioversion. Eliquis. Anxiety. Uh……
July 23, 2021 09:21PM
I've never heard a single person report fatigue as a side effect of Eliquis. Not one, ever. So nope, I don't buy it.

And then I get to this part:

Propananol 10/10 which is lower than ever. HR 60s. BP 135/78 at 4 pm. I use cbd melatonin 15 mg a a few mgs of valium and some Gaba all at 9 pm. Too much sleep inducing stuff??

Are you serious? Propranolol, CBD, melatonin!, VALIUM, and Gaba -- and you're wondering about Eliquis?! That list of drugs is an excellent prescription for major fatigue. In fact, Eliquis is the only drug you're taking that isn't known to cause fatigue.
July 23, 2021 09:25PM
Yes and 15 mg sublingual melatonin. I get up and stagger towards my bird feeders to fill lol
Carey im like a helium balloon but at least youre holding the string
July 23, 2021 10:12PM
I’m surprised you can walk straight with your cocktail of pharma goodies. Are you driving?

The most common side effects, occurring in 10 percent of participants on gabapentin, were: dizziness. sleepiness. water retention (swelling of the arms, hands, legs, and feet)

And that’s just one drug.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2021 10:14PM by susan.d.
July 24, 2021 07:21AM
Gaba not gabapentin. Its a mild calming amino acid. Do i drive ? Lol i have a Porsche. Uh yes
Dont put me in the rest home yet Susan
T
July 24, 2021 03:51PM
Am i hearing you right POP.....15G of Melatonin???????

I take 1/3 of a 3g pill most nights about an hour before bed + that makes me just groggy enough to get the sleep cycle going.....i have tried the 3g pill + it made SO TIRED i could not even sleep....+ we all have had that feeling...so tired you can't sleep...weird but true right all....if i took 15G of Melatonin
i could only be revived with Narcan.

I suspect that is your culprit......although after about 8 hours or less Melatonin is suppose to disappear. There are also more time release kinds but even they die off in a normal sleep cycle BUT 15G...15G....enough to make a horse drowsy............all bets are off with that amount.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2021 04:05PM by vanlith.
July 24, 2021 06:11PM
Oooops. Sorry 15 mg. 3 - 5s sublingual
July 24, 2021 06:33PM
On the melatonin dose at bedtime, once again, the dose and subsequent effects can be highly individualized.

When I first experimented, I was taking either 3 or 5 mg at bedtime. I didn't sleep well at all. I did read that for some, only a 'touch' of melatonin was all that was needed so I tried taking half of a 1 mg. tablet at bedtime. I had the best sleep in a long time.

I've continued with that dosing for several years and have no complaints. Initially, I didn't really have trouble sleeping or getting to sleep, but it wasn't a deep sleep and I was easily disturbed or kept awake by distant sounds or even storm rumbling.

So just FYI. It may be helpful to experiment with lower dosing.

Jackie
July 24, 2021 07:43PM
Jackie
On the melatonin dose at bedtime, once again, the dose and subsequent effects can be highly individualized.

When I first experimented, I was taking either 3 or 5 mg at bedtime. I didn't sleep well at all. I did read that for some, only a 'touch' of melatonin was all that was needed so I tried taking half of a 1 mg. tablet at bedtime. I had the best sleep in a long time.

I've continued with that dosing for several years and have no complaints. Initially, I didn't really have trouble sleeping or getting to sleep, but it wasn't a deep sleep and I was easily disturbed or kept awake by distant sounds or even storm rumbling.

So just FYI. It may be helpful to experiment with lower dosing.

Jackie

Perfect advice.
July 25, 2021 11:46AM
vanlith
Perfect advice.

I agree. The mistake people make with melatonin is thinking that more is better. Studies have shown that's entirely wrong. And yet the manufacturers keep making bigger and bigger dosages because people don't know that and it sells product.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login