Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Acid reflux

Posted by fujau64 
Acid reflux
July 23, 2021 08:14AM
Hi
I have had afib for the last 20 years On and off maybe 4 years with no attacks. Recently I have had some stomach issues nothing serious but been recently burping then 4 or 5 hours after meal then I just know the attack is coming My recent problem this has been happening every day for the past 6 days I have started to take an anti acid tablet but still causing a problem then I have tried gavoscon dual action and it seems to calm the heart down so far no attacks today My attacks last dead on 12 hours I can set my watch by it I do take flecanide PIP 150mg

As anyone had the same problem with acid reflux

your answer is greatly received
Re: Acid reflux
July 23, 2021 02:20PM
fujau64
Has anyone had the same problem with acid reflux

Suggest reading this book: Why Stomach Acid Is Good for You: Natural Relief from Heartburn, Indigestion, Reflux and GERD

Contrary to standard advice, most, especially as we age, have too little, not too much stomach acid. In fact the % with too much is extremely small. When we have too little, digestion slows down and food backs up in the system leading to acid reflux. This is the very brief explanation. The book explains in much more detail. PPI's and the like exacerbate the problem.

Also, all cells with mitochondria have proton pumps, so when we take those meds we impact all of these other cells, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2021 06:19PM by GeorgeN.
July 23, 2021 02:37PM
Hello fujau64 - As George comments, the problem is often a lack of stomach acid causing problems...
Many years ago, I had that problem and was helped with supplemental betaine hydrochloride and other digestive enzymes. As a result, I offered several posts that are archived here. You can browse through to see if anything
'resonates' with your situation.

Jackie

[afibbers.org]
[afibbers.org]
[afibbers.org]

The home pageā€¦ [afibbers.org]
July 25, 2021 07:58AM
My problems that started was lack of water that escalated to my stomach Last night was stupid of me had some salt biscuits with butter as a lat night snack and boom 1am my heart flipped still fib now waiting for the 12 hour window to revert

Thank You Jackie for the links as well as George for taking the time for the answer back
July 25, 2021 08:01AM
as clock work back in nsr to second 12 hours odd set my watch to it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login