Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Austin told me: yes we would love for you to arrive in flutter. Why?

Posted by Poppino 
Austin told me: yes we would love for you to arrive in flutter. Why?
July 22, 2021 10:31AM
I was cardioverted last Friday 7/16 from 7 days in flutter. During the following days Austin called with my new date as i had already begun the rescheduling process. So as of now 9/14 is my new Dr Natale date unless a cancel gets me earlier. Dr Natale has made it clear: no cardioversion near ablation date and theyve told me arriving in Flutter would be ideal. Idk if thatll happen? But……why is that? Logic tells me its more obvious where the source is. True? Adds to success odds? Or if in nsr can Natale reproduce the same Flutter? Ideally id stay nsr til 9/1 or so then go Flutter then fly to Austin. And why no cardioversion near ablation? Not that i would anyway
Tom
Re: Austin told me: yes we would love for you to arrive in flutter. Why?
July 22, 2021 12:09PM
I was also told no ecv up to a week or so prior to an ablation. For me it was easier to hunt for the firing cells (without chemically inducing it) when I arrived for the second ablation while in Afib. I speculate the same reason for your flutter?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2021 12:10PM by susan.d.
July 22, 2021 12:12PM
👍
July 22, 2021 05:01PM
So they do not have to pace you with isoproterenol probably....+ they want to see your heart in it's natural flutter state......also if you can do your best to stay in NSR as long as you can but just before you leave or the night before trigger your flutter if possible as all of us know whether we have Afib, Flutter, Tach ect. certain things we do trigger them like certain foods drinks exercise ect. so knock yourself out having a good time eating something or whatever that triggers your flutter just before you see Natale....i did that same thing in timing my arrival for my ablation....but thats another story.

GL......till 9/13 in NSR hopefully...then go for it.
July 22, 2021 06:28PM
I actually had that thought! Alcohol is my trigger but im on eliquis MSG is another. Guess i could go out for some spicy mexican food?
Also a few yrs ago tried 1/2 cc of testosterone once a month. Everytime ! Id have a flutter that night or a few days later but terminating
This last episode ???? A family death and boom 4 hrs later began 6 days of flutter
Indigestion Testosterone Alcohol Anxiety : ok ill work on it, were it not so horrible itd be funny
Should i stay nsr for 6 more weeks.
July 23, 2021 02:47PM
LOL Pop...good way to put it "were it not so horrible it would be funny"......I think back + at times + i thought i would never get rid of this ball + chain around my neck also but it will happen....Natale can see this case for him is a bit of tough nut to crack so he will go the extra mile/leave no stone unturned this time to burn that flutter out of your heart....he does not like leaving a job incomplete....i am sure he is very much looking forward to your next visit to take another crack at your heart......i would be fall over shocked if you do not come out whole this time.

Just make sure to help Natale along a little the night before with a big chinese (ask for extra MSG) feast followed by a burrito or 2 with hot sauce.......then all washed down with a few 0% alc. beer ...........then tell Natale about it.....he will probably have a good laugh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2021 10:15AM by vanlith.
July 23, 2021 06:50PM
Lol thanks for the shot of confidence! I sent a Kardia to them today. Looked nsr at 69 so all good 7 days post cardioversion
But honestly i may at least be carefree a few days prior if im in nsr so as to ignite the flutter
July 24, 2021 11:12PM
Kind of like driving your car to the mechanic while it’s making the noise you tried to describe over the phone. He’ll hear it and won’t be able to misinterpret anything you said. Perfect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login