Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr Natale’s Office Just Called Me

Posted by Poppino 
Dr Natale’s Office Just Called Me
July 20, 2021 01:15PM
Fresh off my 7/16 cardioversion and Dr Holshouser’s advice : “go to Natale”. Amy just called this morning: my new procedure date is Sept 14 but im on any cancellation list. So waiting it out not too bad , its what to do should i go back into Flutter again. Dr Natale does not want a cardioversion close to procedure date and they prefer i arrive in the bad rythm. So we ll see. My son lives/works in Chicago. There s a Pen Show late sept i wanted to go to: yes another strange hobby - Fountain Pens. Lifting Weights 60s music my Porsche & Ft Pens lol
Tom
PS Trent & Amy at Natale are awesome
Re: Dr Natale’s Office Just Called Me
July 20, 2021 08:01PM
My advice is: 1) keep taking the diltiazem to keep your rate under 100, 2) ignore the stupid flutter, 3) do what you enjoy!
July 21, 2021 01:30AM
Not to discount any symptomatic flutter or to make light of the situation, but your hr is pretty low for flutter. Sort of fortunate for flutter.

You posted 7-15= Now my flutter is 115 max no meds. One 60 mg diltalizem and im 65-80 so go figure. I would be extremely lucky to have 65-80.

I agree with Carey-ignore it. It could be worst like mine at 150-190 in flutter or currently 60 pacing sitting to getting off the couch to walk to the hallway it jumps to 111-138 with a BB huffing and puffing out of breath!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2021 02:06AM by susan.d.
July 21, 2021 07:44AM
Yes last weeks bout of flutter confirmed on 2 ekgs tues and fri reached 115-118 tops back in early March pre ablation i was 144 so i asked Dr Holshouser this on Fri: he said could just be a new or different circuit that behaves differently, ive had pvi twice now. SVC. Right flutter. He said some roof line?? Anyway alot so im holpful Natale can find “the elusive butterfly” and kill it. But yes 115 not so bad. Right now 67 lol
Tom
July 21, 2021 06:10PM
Tom,
Great news that you will be back in Natale's hands! That time will come very quickly. I haven't been given a date for me return TEE, but it's possible it could happen around the same time. LOL!!
July 21, 2021 06:42PM
Hi Genie. Carey has put me at ease telling me to just ride it out with my rate meds should i go back in flutter and then ill get to Austin. Right now im 69
Ive got 7.5 weeks unless there s a cancellation
Hey id love to hear your whole story. From start to now. Afib ablations flutter LAA Watchman etc. When you feel like it send me a PM. No urgency
Tom
July 22, 2021 08:55PM
Hi Tom,
I will gladly share my story with you from beginning to end, but let's save that novel for light reading sometime after you have your procedure in Austin. I'm. glad you have Carey and Shannon to help you get through this journey. It is a rocky road with lots of twists and turns, but Natale will get you there.
Geniesmiling bouncing smiley
July 24, 2021 06:12PM
Sounds fine Genie. Thanks
July 24, 2021 07:17PM
Tom, since you're on a wait list for cancellations, have you scoped out travel plans? If not, you should do that. Obviously, don't make any reservations yet, but if they call Monday and say they've got a slot for you on Friday, do you already know what flights make sense and where you're going to stay? If you're going by yourself, have you figured out how your luggage is going to weigh less than 10 lbs on the way back? Just some things to think about.
July 24, 2021 11:59PM
You can work around the 10 pound luggage limit if you open your wallet.
1. The discharge nurse will arrange your suitcase to be put onto a Lyft’s trunk. Bribe (tell him in advance you will give him $20) the driver to hand drop it off at your hotel reception desk, get a bellboy to lift to your room. Tip him. Important (!!) to get him to lift your bag to a luggage cart so you can open it without lifting to pack or change your clothes.
2. When checking out, get a bellboy to come to your room and lift your luggage off the luggage caddy rack and carry it outside while you wait for a Lyft/Uber/taxi to the airport. Tip again. You will be his best guest.
3. Bribe again the soon to be rich driver to hand carry your bags to the airport curbside check in. Tip.
4. When you land home get another wheelchair attendant to the baggage carousel. The person will lift and get your luggage and stay with you until you get into your taxi. That person should be well tipped. You need to call up the airline and request a wheelchair in advance. Anyways you zip quickly through the security line with wheelchair attendant and worth your male pride to get someone to drag you around the airport carrying all your bags.

The above I do every time I fly. I can’t lift. Before Covid19 and last two ablation I flew approximately 10-18 flights a year. I never lifted. If you get a wheelchair, the wheelchair attendant or a flight attendant will put your carry-on up in the overhead for you. I usually scout for unexpected “volunteers” to get it down.

Bring cash to tip. The cost will be a fraction of a Porsche tuneup.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2021 12:05AM by susan.d.
July 25, 2021 09:26AM
susan.d
4. When you land home get another wheelchair attendant to the baggage carousel.

Off topic.

A friend's parents from Morocco came to visit him in the states (first time on an airplane). They are Berber peasants (goat herders) and speak Berber and some Arabic. They read and write nothing. My friend flew to NYC Kennedy to meet them. On the way home, they were flying from Denver back to Kennedy on their own. At Kennedy, they needed to go out through security to a different concourse to catch the flight home. I asked a friend who is a senior Delta captain what to do. Arranging the wheelchair (parents are ~80's, and physically healthy) attendant was the suggestion and worked like a charm.
July 25, 2021 10:54AM
You zip through security and customs so I suppose if you qualify (not to take away the wheelchair from someone needy), in addition you avoid every line. Now with social distancing concerns it would be a plus not to wait in lines after a procedure when possibly your immune system is lower. JFK is the best because the attendant opens up shortcut security doors and you really save time and walking even with a 10 pound suitcase.

Tom, I think you should request an airport wheelchair after your ablation to avoid lifting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2021 10:56AM by susan.d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login