Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PVC/PAC

Posted by Kleinkp 
PVC/PAC
July 17, 2021 08:23PM
Every couple weeks I get a day of 100-500 PVC/PAC post ablation 6/10/20 (totally manageable). Question is are PVC/PAC your heart trying to go into afibb but unable to because of the ablation?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2021 08:28PM by Kleinkp.
Re: PVC/PAC
July 18, 2021 04:43AM
This is my opinion about PACs. Before ablation, I never had ectopics. I'm so symptomatic I'd had felt a single one instantaneously. I was fine, and suddenly, out of the blue, I experienced afib.
I still have PACs, sometimes runs of PACs, the latter Can turn to afib. So, yes, IMO, PACs may be a sign the beast is trying to escape from the cage built with ablation lines.
PVCs are different. I don't believe they are afib related. I've had PVCs during weeks post ablation, they then became less frequent. Now they're rare. IMO, they were for me the sign my heart had to heal. Yours may be different.
July 18, 2021 02:03PM
This is a great question. As a side question, Is there a noticeable difference in how PACs compare to PVCs?
July 18, 2021 03:56PM
JDfiB
This is a great question. As a side question, Is there a noticeable difference in how PACs compare to PVCs?

They feel similar, although PVCs often tend to be more of a pronounced "thud." Both are simply beats that occur prematurely, which causes a brief pause before the next normal beat. That's what causes the sensations. So they're similar critters but they come from entirely different places. PVCs originate in the ventricles, and generally have little or nothing to do with afib and ablations. You might experience more of them following an ablation simply because your heart is irritated and twitchy, but nothing in the atria causes them and they don't cause afib. PACs originate in the atria and go hand in hand with afib and other atrial arrhythmias. They can initiate afib, flutter, etc. In fact, it wouldn't be totally wrong to view afib as a series of continuous PACs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login