Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rolfing/ physical manipulation for A-fib?

Posted by bettylou4488 
Rolfing/ physical manipulation for A-fib?
July 16, 2021 03:34PM
So I have done Rolfing for years. Helped me with so many spinal things. It is a specific type of "massage therapy". (not like relaxing more like PT.). I have had afib on and off for years. I take dofetilide but at moment is not working. (I have congenital history as well.). I went into afib last Sunday morning early. ECV at ER did not get me out. First time that has not worked. I was going to try an ECV with the cardiac group but decided along with my congenital cardiologist and the NP that I love to just use rate control medication. (w/o it I am really fast... ). Anyway,,.. to my question. has anyone ever used Rolfing or manual manipulation near the Vagal nerve to try and get out of afib successfully? I know this sounds a bit whack-a-doodle but I typically go into afib because of something physical. (This last time I was awake at 3 am and stretched down to grab my computer while in bed. ). I do have an ablation scheduled for October however my congenital history makes it more complicated. Just curious...
Re: Rolfing/ physical manipulation for A-fib?
July 21, 2021 08:36AM
I've found expansion of ribs, and opening the lungs with breathing techniques, have helped the whole heart area and reduced episodes.
Re: Rolfing/ physical manipulation for A-fib?
July 21, 2021 09:20PM
strongHeart
I've found expansion of ribs, and opening the lungs with breathing techniques, have helped the whole heart area and reduced episodes.

Thanks. I actually just left my Rolfer a text. I have had rib issues from heart surgeries as a kid. she helps me breathe .. if nothing else it will help with that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login