Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ablation and High Platelets.

Posted by Fidrych 
Ablation and High Platelets.
July 15, 2021 09:36AM
Hello, 58 year old male here. Had an ablation 5 weeks ago. Had an echocardiogram and stress test last week. Both came back good. EF 76, normal function, normal wall thickness etc. Stress result was good 13.5 METS. I did the blood test yesterday as I had to book it two weeks in advance. Results came back. My white blood cell count was 9.0. A little higher than usual, but I had my Covid #2 6 days ago. The number I am concerned about (or terrified about) is my platelets. Normally they have been on the higher side at 350-375, but this time they are 445. Normal says 150-400. Any thoughts please. I am an anxious fool. Thanks!!
Re: Ablation and High Platelets.
July 15, 2021 10:03AM
Fidrych - A person I know has a long-standing history of high platelet count. He's been going regularly for a formal pre-test and then a blood draw (if needed) for a number of years. He see's a hematologist who oversees the procedure and results.

Jackie
July 15, 2021 10:23AM
Thanks Jackie!!
...No reason for his high platelets? Just the way he's made?
July 15, 2021 11:44AM
That number is nothing to be concerned about and certainly not terrified. Repeat that test next week and the number could easily be on the low end of the range.
July 15, 2021 02:09PM
Thanks Carey . You help me again. !!
July 16, 2021 11:32AM
Yes..Fidrych... No reason why... otherwise healthy.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login