Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cardioversion now scheduled Fri at 10:30

Posted by Poppino 
Cardioversion now scheduled Fri at 10:30
July 15, 2021 08:40AM
Dr Holshouser s office just called. 10:30 arrival 12 noon cardioversion
I just wanna get back to Austin! So after this we ll see how long i hold. Then when i go into flutter again i ll contact Trent
And Shannon to see what the protocol is. By then the Zio will be back to Dr Natale
Re: Cardioversion now scheduled Fri at 10:30
July 15, 2021 10:32AM
I was cardioverted after about 48 hours in Afib + 2 zaps did not bring me out except for about 2 min. then went back in to Afib.....as it turned out that was the greatest thing that ever happened to me as shortly after the EM. doc. offered me Propafenone 2x150 mg to try to convert so i took it and bang 55 min. later i converted + used the drug for 3 more years as a PIP amazingly suc. till my suc. ablation in 2018.
The reason i write this is there are really 2 strong poss. here....1 ......you will convert but go back in min/hours/days later....2.....you will be like me as described above.....hopefully you will be neither + go on a long period of NSR with a suc. cardiovert like some do but keep your hopes tempered cause for the very most part because a cardiovert is no dif. then a PIP convert....a snapshot in time.....your past heart tend. just pick up right where they left off shortly after that.....but all the best + keep us informed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2021 10:35AM by vanlith.
July 15, 2021 10:54AM
Thanks Van i totally get it. Back during my afib days i used propafanone as pip. Worked alot but not always. And! Im not sure its effective in flutter cases??
I do realize this may not hold. If it doesnt i guess my only hope will be eliquis and rate control til i get to Austin cause doing another cardioversion would be dumb
My past cardioversions have always held long periods but im in different territory now with this atypical flutter
Appreciate your thoughts
Tom
July 15, 2021 12:57PM
Ok...all the best....just a little info from my Propafenone days...at 1st Prop. worked great converting me in about 3 hours with 2x150 mg. then after 2 years it started to be less effective and the runs would go for 6 hours or more...it turned into a runaway train at times + i had a tend. at that time that if i did not convert in around 7-8 hours to go INTO FLUTTER ALSO....it was horrible...from the frying pan into a white hot fire...i will take the frying pan anyday...Flutter for me was WAY worse then a reg. 10x a month ARR as it went on for a day or 2 .... i used Bisoprolol to slow my heart rate to convert from that....that's the 1 thing BIS. did maga great for me but after the 2nd time the flutter took place after about a 8 hour ARR a few weeks later after it 1st happened i started to see a pattern of my Prop. not working as well + my Afib going longer + longer......then that put me at risk of converting to the dreaded FLUTTER so i had 2 choices so i thought.....increase to 3x150 mg Prop. or go with Flec. but i ended up with a kind of shot in the dark att. at something...i thought i need a speedy conversion (who doesn't) so to not bring flutter into this again after 7 hours or so i chewed 1 single 150 mg Prop. pill about 3-5 min into my ARR + low and behold from feb. 2018 till late nov. 2018 (my ablation) i converted every single time around an hour later...sometimes it took a little longer but rarely + i converted 1 time in 15 min. after the start + that was a total of about 100 yes 100 times....my heart was very busy having an ARR party every 60-72 hours back then. The great part about it was from the neck up. I know knew i did not have to fear a long ARR turning into a flutter ever again or even the orig. 3 hour conversion time.....so that made life SO much easier to deal with...the fear was gone....Afib became more of an annoyance for me at that point rather then being on my mind all the time.
July 15, 2021 01:29PM
Which proves that every case is so different. Gonna be interesting to see if my cardioversion holds. My flutter in early march was 144. Cardioverted. Held to my 3/29 ablation. Now my flutter is 115 max no meds. One 60 mg diltalizem and im 65-80 so go figure. My hope is that Dr Natale can ablate me correctly when that day comes. Ive decided that he ll be my guy as i love Holshouser but he tried and now honestly im
Worse. Appreciate your story. Rythmol
Became pro flutter for me too. I just dont get afib anymore. Its all left flutter as right flutter was also ablated in 2012
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login