Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back From Austin: now im back in Flutter!!

Posted by Poppino 
Back From Austin: now im back in Flutter!!
July 11, 2021 07:41AM
3 days upon returning from Austin Dr Natale felt id not been in high rate since May so took the wait and see approach. Last night i went to 120-25
This morning after rate meds 116. So now i have no idea what to do. Im wearing the zio patch. I sent at midnight a Kardia to Trent at Natale s office
Will i now have to wait months again??? I was just there Tues talking to him. So frustrating. I was to leave for a funeral in Chicago tomorrow. My sons fiance s brother died. 30
He was very special needs. Had a short life expectancy
Natale did not want a cardioversion close to a procedure
Just lost??? Cardioversion. Meds?? Guess Mon am ill contact Natale s office. Id fly right back. Ive been some 88-92 for 6 weeks. Not flutter. My zio patch should reveal?
Tom
Re: Back From Austin: now im back in Flutter!!
July 11, 2021 08:23AM
As much as you are concerned with a hr in the 120s (not discounting it), you are fortunate it isn’t 160-190s. I have that problem. I too wasn’t allowed an ecv too soon before an ablation. Or after…I was still on the table in the Cath lab after the ablation and being ecv 8 times (!!!) during the procedure and I went into as high as 190 tachycardia. I had to wait it out for over a day and had a 15 second pause (no heart beat) less than a day after my ablation still in tachycardia trying to self convert. So I know your frustration.

Like you I hate tachycardia. My hr was in the 120s for two months recently --more from just walking around the house until I went back on a beta blocker to get it down to 104 or so. If I sat on the couch it’s 60 but standing up and walking around it jumped to tachycardia.

Are you in a BB? It could help.
July 11, 2021 08:33AM
I have a beta blocker and i have diltalizem i guess ill wait to see what the rythm is. You are correct im not super high right now
Just 110-125. Susan did your ablation work? Or not
T
July 11, 2021 11:21AM
Deep breaths, Tom. You're in absolutely no danger and you don't need to be flying anywhere. Yes, the Zio patch will record everything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login