Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New member. Thankful to find this wealth of knowledge.

Posted by unangan 
New member. Thankful to find this wealth of knowledge.
July 08, 2021 02:11AM
My husband has reentered Afib after 2 years of his first bout which was seemingly CURED via cardioversion.

Long story short, looking back, he's been in and out of AF much longer.

I'm the scientific type, least the best I can be lacking the education for such. But I value proof and data...studies and these last few days, all of you.

We have drastically changed his and my diet And so very much more. Life is nothing like it was. However, our mental health and hopefully to soon follow, physical health will be improved.

Sorry if this was hard to read, we own a restaurant and this is the time of day I have to read and relax... I'm rushed (by myself) to post this, because I was so excited to find this wonderful venue!

I look forward to future interactions, learning and health!

-Terese
Re: New member. Thankful to find this wealth of knowledge.
July 08, 2021 09:28AM
unangan
My husband has reentered Afib after 2 years of his first bout which was seemingly CURED via cardioversion.

Welcome! Cardioversions never "cure" anyone. Typically something has to change to maintain NSR after a cardioversion unless someone is very lucky. This could be a med, lifestyle change, a combination or whatever.

This is a good resource: [www.amazon.com]

Discussing with the EP or cardiologist whether an "on-demand" or "pill in pocket" (PIP) med to convert to NSR might be appropriate [pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

George
Re: New member. Thankful to find this wealth of knowledge.
July 10, 2021 04:00AM
Thanks for replying George.

That book was the first thing I bought. I actually blazed through it with the paperback and audio version as well as we spend much time on the road. It gave us a path to healing and hope.....and a goal.

I saved your NIH link, I had read this in the form and was curious. I I'm grateful for the link. I'm going to pass it along.

OH, there is a podcast from the afib book author. you might like it. [podcasts.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login