Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I met Dr Natale today: my bizarre story

Posted by Poppino 
I met Dr Natale today: my bizarre story
July 06, 2021 06:54PM
My consult with the wonderful Dr Natale was today at 11 am. What happened isnt a total surprise. He called OFF my procedure for tomorrow. My last high rate episode was May 21. 7 weeks post ablation. Since i have daily rate jumps in RHR. 68 to 90. For seconds to minutes. He says these are vagal in origin. That my vagal nerve was irritated and that he s seen it before. It could take 6-12 months to heal. Im wearing a zio patch for 7 days. To go about my life and dont change anything. He also said that my atypical flutter may very well resurface and then we would deal with that. I had a feeling this might happen at least to a small degree. What great honesty! Integrity! Besides he said he s overbooked
So we ll fly home tomorrow i hope. What a mess ive created. My EP in Charlotte called me today. I told him what i was doing: he said : youre seeing The Man!! No hard feelings at all. Natale said that his ablation on me was extensive but good. So……..back to square one. But i met Mickey Mantle today. He s too cool!
Tom
Re: I met Dr Natale today: my bizarre story
July 06, 2021 08:07PM
Sounds good Tom,

Though sorry for the second round trip ... however as you noted, with Dr. N, you can count on him always giving you his best advice.

At least now, going forward if you do need a follow up procedure for Atypical left flutter as is certainly still possible, you can be dang sure you really need it!!

Cheers!
Shannon
July 06, 2021 08:53PM
Poppino
What a mess ive created.

No you didn't. Quite the contrary; you got a second opinion from the premier second opinion on the planet and he recommended a conservative course of waiting and watching. I think you did exactly the right thing even if it did cost you a trip to Austin (and I know all too well what those cost). And on top of it all, your local EP is fine with your decision, so that's just icing on the cake. (Plus his ego gets a boost from Natale approving of his ablation.)
July 06, 2021 10:02PM
He says these are vagal in origin. That my vagal nerve was irritated and that he s seen it before. It could take 6-12 months to heal. “

I hope that’s my problem and I hope it’s temporary. I have a current 14.5% tachycardia burden three months post ablation. I never had this issue after my first two ablations. My higher was 190 but it now 100-148 tachycardia if I walk and 60 hr pacing if I sit. I’m trying to condition myself to lower my hr. I’m back on Tenormin which brought my hr down to 106 today…which is a blessing.
July 07, 2021 08:59AM
Susan i hope too your heart calms. After my appt yesterday i lost my temper as my uber app wouldnt work etc. then my HR 98. All afternoon i was up and down. This morning headed home and im 67. Like Carey told me and my poor wife. I need to work on anxiety and trigger emotions. Im gonna seek some advice as they say
T
July 07, 2021 11:09AM
Thanks Tom. If I elect to sit all day on the couch like a nursing home patient, I can maintain my 60 hr which is pacing. My PM was clocked pacing 99.9% one week post pacemaker surgery/2 weeks post ablation. Then at 7 weeks it has dropped to 98.6%. It’s a lot calmer/less pounding chest feeling to sit all day than to walk around slowly in my home with tachycardia once I get off the couch. I just hope it’s temporary. I start cardiac rehab in two weeks which hopefully will condition me to tolerate the tachycardia and it’s symptoms.

I’m 12 weeks blanking (fingers crossed I’m still blanking) and I am just hoping this is temporary because my quality of life is rough. Yesterday I had a dr appointment and I couldn’t find close parking so I had to walk. I felt weaker than my worst double chemo days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2021 11:11AM by susan.d.
July 07, 2021 03:13PM
Wow, Tom, what surprise! Sorry we will miss meeting you and your wife at Loro. Thankfully, you are headed in the right direction.
Genie
July 07, 2021 06:33PM
Genie we ll miss it too. We re already back in Charlotte
Best to you tomorrow!!! I loved Natale. Now i get it
T
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login