Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bad Fall on Eliquis Anyone Had Head injury on Eliquis??

Posted by Erin 
Bad Fall on Eliquis Anyone Had Head injury on Eliquis??
June 21, 2021 05:28PM
This AM i fell hard on blacktop road and got a large hematoma.Cat scan did not show bleed,but they said it could happen any time. ER doc said go ahead and take Eliquis. My electrophysicist won't be in till tomorrow. I see my regular doctor tomorrow morning. I guess if i dont take it i run risk of stroke. If i do take it, it will increase chance of brain bleed, has anyone had a head injury while on blood thinner?
Re: Bad Fall on Eliquis Anyone Had Head injury on Eliquis??
June 21, 2021 07:57PM
I think perhaps either you misunderstood something they said, or someone was spouting their med school knowledge without thinking about how you would interpret it. Delayed bleeds following head trauma are unicorns. Yes, they can happen, but they are vanishingly rare. If you got a CT scan and clearance from the ED doc, you're good to go. Your EP is unlikely to disagree and really shouldn't since head trauma isn't his field of expertise. I would take the Eliquis without fear. Stroke is your bigger risk.
June 21, 2021 08:44PM
Thanks so much. I did take it and feel better about it.
June 21, 2021 10:53PM
My mother did. Decided to get out of her seat in their RV just as Dad was about to miss an exit and slammed on the brakes (don’t do that, by the way). She fell forward and hit her head hard. Laceration requiring stitches. When she informed the ER staff about the Eliquis, they immediately ordered a CT. When that came back clear, they just stitched it up and said continue as usual with all meds.
June 22, 2021 09:15AM
Thanks. Same thing they did for me.still reassuring to know.
June 24, 2021 02:33PM
I was practicing Softball hitting with my Granddaughter. The ball was on a Tee. To make a long story short, I was hit on my jawbone and right eye with a Softball bat. It was the worse hematoma I have ever had. My eye socket was ex-rayed for broken bones etc. I was on Eliquis full strength 5 mg 2x a day.
No issues from 11 year old accidentally hitting Papa in the eye with the bat. It was my fault for not being smarter.
No broke bones etc but 3 week healing process.
June 24, 2021 08:39PM
Sounds like a life lesson about getting within the swing radius of a tee ball batter. I'd love to see photos of your face after about 5-6 days. I bet it was impressive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login