Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good EP in Florida?

Posted by cirenepurzalot 
Good EP in Florida?
May 03, 2021 02:20PM
My dad has had long-standing, persistent afib for about 16 months. He is 70 years old and doesn't want to take any rhythm drugs, etc. He is a Veteran and so can use "Community Care" to see pretty much any EP he wants through the VA.

Question: Do any of you know any GREAT EPs in the Florida area that you can recommend? I know nobody is as awesome as Natale but he doesn't want to travel too much during COVID. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated. (By the way, I had a Natale ablation last year and it changed my life!)

Thanks!
Re: Good EP in Florida?
May 03, 2021 03:56PM
cirenepurzalot
Question: Do any of you know any GREAT EPs in the Florida area that you can recommend? I know nobody is as awesome as Natale but he doesn't want to travel too much during COVID. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated. (By the way, I had a Natale ablation last year and it changed my life!)

Sergio Pinski is at CC Weston and is a Natale protege'. I referred my cousin to him in 2008 or 09 after he got bad advice from a local EP. My cousin went to Pinski and got a durable ablation.

[my.clevelandclinic.org]

If you look at old posts from this search, you can see what others here had to say about him: [www.afibbers.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2021 04:27PM by GeorgeN.
May 03, 2021 06:06PM
Thanks. I've never heard of a "durable ablation" but I'll do some research.

So, he's an MD, not an EP? [my.clevelandclinic.org]

I really appreciate your info! Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2021 06:09PM by cirenepurzalot.
May 03, 2021 06:46PM
cirenepurzalot
Thanks. I've never heard of a "durable ablation" but I'll do some research.

So, he's an MD, not an EP? [my.clevelandclinic.org]
!

By durable ablation, I mean that the first ablation in 2008 or 9 has lasted till now and my cousin remains in NSR from that ablation, as opposed to those who've had failed ablations. Durable is the kind you want, IMO.

From his bio: [my.clevelandclinic.org]

"He then completed a medical degree and fellowship in Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology at Cleveland Clinic in Ohio."

EP's are MD's who create a fellowship in Electrophysiology.
May 03, 2021 06:58PM
Thanks for the clarification George! I will definitely look him up more. I would love for him to see Natale but just scared for him to travel during this pandemic.
May 03, 2021 07:33PM
George,

When you say he's a "Natale protege'" can you tell me more about this? Does this mean that he trained directly under Dr Natale in Austin at TCAI? Or that he just uses some of his methods/techniques?

Also, can I ask if your cousin was long-standing, persistent? Or paroxysmal?

I would love to find a thorough, meticulous EP who, like Natale, even searches for discrete non-PV triggers as part of the index ablation. (ie Isuprel Drug Challenge, etc.)

Thank again for all your info! I truly appreciate it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2021 07:38PM by cirenepurzalot.
May 03, 2021 09:03PM

When you say he's a "Natale protege'" can you tell me more about this? Does this mean that he trained directly under Dr Natale in Austin at TCAI? Or that he just uses some of his methods/techniques?

Pinski trained under Natale when Natale was at the Cleveland Clinic, before Natale moved to Austin.

Also, can I ask if your cousin was long-standing, persistent? Or paroxysmal?

I don't recall. What I remember is that he had both a flutter and afib. The local guy wanted to do a flutter ablation and see if it fixed it. I knew there was about a 5% chance this would work. I suggested my cousin get a 2nd opinion with Pinski. He did and Pinski said he'd fix both the flutter & afib at the same time, which is what he did.

I recently learned on a family Zoom that my cousin's wife also got an ablation with Pinski, but don't know any details except she's happy and it was successful.

I'm fully vaccinated and have no issue with travel myself at this time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2021 09:21PM by GeorgeN.
May 03, 2021 10:56PM
Great thanks George! You're always so helpful. I appreciate the info!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login