Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone know which pacemaker manufacturers offer gold plate without silicone?

Posted by susan.d 
Anyone know which pacemaker manufacturers offer gold plate without silicone?
April 18, 2021 12:02PM
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Still in junctional. Walking around in 40s, sleeping as low as 33. I would like to investigate a plan B since I’m told that area in my heart is now weaken-from 3.5 months on sotolol. I’m allergic to metals, silicone, stitches, tapes, even electrode stickies for the ekg leaves raised welts. I know there is one company that makes gold plated but the leads are nickel based and silicone is used. This paper mentioned a perfect pacemaker.

I had found this but would like to investigate choices if available
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

With this patient a custom made pacemaker was made.

Considering this condition, we decided to implant a custom-made gold-coated DDDR pacemaker (Medtronic Adapta®DR PVV, 24 carat gold, minimal coating thickness 0.45 μm). The company Medtronic INC is the only manufacturer in the world who offers custom-made gold-coated pacemakers. In our case, it took about 6 weeks to approve the request, produce and ship the pacemaker to our institution.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2021 12:14PM by susan.d.
Re: Anyone know which pacemaker manufacturers offer gold plate without silicone?
April 18, 2021 04:12PM
That Medtronic unit sounds like a viable option Susan. Definitely do the research, and obviously that includes confirming that the model# of this custom gold-plated Medtronic pacer is set up for the precise functions your heart might need, in addition to being gold-plated, and let us know what you find out.

Sending best wishes to you Susan,
Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2021 04:13PM by Shannon.
Re: Anyone know which pacemaker manufacturers offer gold plate without silicone?
April 19, 2021 11:26PM
Susan, best of luck and hope you are able to find the right device.
April 19, 2021 11:29PM
Is weakening of the heart common with sotolol usage?
April 20, 2021 12:14AM
walt
Is weakening of the heart common with sotolol usage?

No, and in the rare cases where it does occur, the negative effects are reversed once the drug is stopped.
April 20, 2021 12:19AM
Delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2021 09:16PM by susan.d.
April 20, 2021 02:03PM
Walt:

I was on a beta blocker when i first got AF, it made me very tried and my EP believes it led to my Sick Sinus Syndrome and a pacemaker.

L.
April 20, 2021 11:27PM
Seems like disturbing info about sotolol and/or beta blockers in general. Gonna have to file that in my memory, such as it is, and hope I can remember it if the beta blocker question becomes personal. Heartfelt thoughts to those who might have been adversely effected by their use, necessary or otherwise.
April 21, 2021 12:18AM
Delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2021 09:17PM by susan.d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login