Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need advice in a fib / Covid vaccine

Posted by Sunshine13 
Need advice in a fib / Covid vaccine
March 27, 2021 04:22AM
Hi Everyone,
I have paroxysmal a fib. I just woke up with an episode of a fib and I am scheduled to have my secound Covid vaccine this morning. Should I wait for it to pass and go another day or just go this morning ? Alot of people in my job have been having reactions to the secound vaccine so I am a little concerned . I was thinking of calling my cardiologist and asking what should I do but I was going to wait till a little later. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Need advice in a fib / Covid vaccine
March 27, 2021 04:49AM
Hi Sunshine13. If its any consolation, I was in afib too on the morning of my vaccine. I went ahead with it and was fine except for severe headache as side effects. I'm no expert but from my experience, I was ok and my afib stopped after a while. It did feel as if my body was being put through a lot in one day though. Everyone is different so I would say - trust your gut. Hope it goes well whatever you decide.
March 27, 2021 03:19PM
I would call your cardiologist if you decided to put this off. You should take comfort in knowing that the risk of a bad outcome with covid infection and afib is far worse than with the vaccine and afib for which there is no known risk. This is according to current research and following the recommendation of the American Heart Association.
March 27, 2021 04:34PM
The worst that could happen is it triggers your afib, but that's already happened so go get your vaccine. The vaccine poses absolutely no threat to you even if you have the typical reactions to it and you're still in afib. COVID, however, does pose a threat to you. There's no reason to wait and no reason to call your cardiologist.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login