Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Instantly Converting Atrial Fibrillation into Sinus Rhythm by a Digital Rectal Exam on a 29-year-Old Male

Posted by Todd 
Here, we present a 29-year-old male with no cardiovascular history and a low atherosclerotic risk profile who developed AF which converted into sinus rhythm immediately after a digital rectal exam. The patient remained asymptomatic after a 3-month follow-up. This implies that the digital rectal exam can be considered as an additional attempt to convert AF to sinus rhythm in AF patients. [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Could it be a LAF type of thing? Some acupressure point up in there that the dr. hit just rite !!!
Thanks, but I'll take the cardioversion, doc.
Sounds like an electric charged cattle prod they used up his rectum that converted him.
Did the dr call after for drinks???
Wonder if its dependent upon which finger or which hand was used .
I've tried every suggestion I get to convert the fibrillating heart to the normal sinus rhythm and nothing has worked for me. It's such a nuisance to go through these hours long sessions. There are things I'd like to do but can't, including reading or going shopping but have to wait until it's finished. Since Afib is such a pain in the a** maybe this will work. eye popping smiley
A solution pulled out of one’s...

Hat?
Well when i had the condition if i either urinated or #2 as we used to say as kids within the 1st 2 min or so of an ARR. i would convert about 1/3 of the time....only to have it reappear hours later mind you but the business end so to speak x2 when activated at the right time did have an effect on converting me to a small degree so when i read this it did not strike me as levity....... it hit home for me but of course everyone is dif.
alxndr01
I've tried every suggestion I get to convert the fibrillating heart to the normal sinus rhythm and nothing has worked for me. It's such a nuisance to go through these hours long sessions. There are things I'd like to do but can't, including reading or going shopping but have to wait until it's finished. Since Afib is such a pain in the a** maybe this will work. eye popping smiley

If your cardiologist/EP agrees it is appropriate, have to tried a med like flecainide on demand?
Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2021 09:44PM by allofus.
Carey
Thanks, but I'll take the cardioversion, doc.

Juggsy75
Did the dr call after for drinks???

ggheld
Wonder if its dependent upon which finger or which hand was used .

wolfpack
A solution pulled out of one’s...

Hat?

:-).
Good to see that this forum has a sense of humour!! If you lose that, you really are up the creak without a digital cattle prod! winking smiley
That's a method I've not yet tried (and I've tried a lot: diets, supplements, drugs, electric shocks, ablations...).

Apart from that, this extract perfectly describes what I'm living with:

"(...) An overactive parasympathetic (vagal) nervous system may also cause AF, such as in athletes. People with digestive problems could also develop AF and potentially have weekly episodes which last from a few minutes to several hours. AF in general occurs at night, often ending in the morning following rest, digestive periods (after dinner), and alcohol consumption. Frequent urination (every 20 minutes or so) often occurs during the early phase of an episode and is due to the release of atrial natriuretic peptide from the fibrillating atria. (...)"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login