Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ventricular Tachycardia Question

Posted by Erin 
Ventricular Tachycardia Question
March 14, 2021 06:16PM
Been in permanent afib for a year. Two conversions failed. Wanted to try metoprolol increase before ablation. Was monitored for two weeks. I haven't seen electrophysicist yet, but was worried about results. I was in afib 100 per cent which was no surprise. But this time i had two episodes of ventricular tachycardia. One was four beats and Maximumof 207 bpm. The other was 8 beats and Average of 120bpm. They called them ventricular bigeminy and trimigeny. I know he will explain this at appointment but not until May. Anything ventricular really scares me.would appreciate it if you could tell me if this is rare or more common. Thank you.
Re: Ventricular Tachycardia Question
March 14, 2021 06:38PM
Erin
They called them ventricular bigeminy and trigeminy.

"The term “ventricular bigeminy” refers to alternating normal sinus and premature ventricular complexes. Three or more successive premature ventricular complexes are arbitrarily defined as ventricular tachycardia." Source: [www.aafp.org].

Premature ventricular complexes are very common and nothing to worry about.
March 14, 2021 07:29PM
Thank you, GeorgeN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2021 07:30PM by Erin.
March 15, 2021 12:39AM
Short bursts of v-tach are common and not usually reason for concern. The fact that they're unconcerned enough to wait for your appointment to talk about it should tell you they don't think you're in any danger. You're not, so don't stress out over it. It's probably just an incidental finding you wouldn't see again if you did another stint with the monitor.
April 03, 2021 09:42PM
Bi’s and tri’s are common findings. When it gets to be 5 or more in a row that’s when they worry. But the thing about PVCs are they are kind of like an electrical “nuclear bomb” reset of the heart. The activity goes back to the normal rhythm. Bigeminal or trigeminal PVCs are sure as heck annoying as you can imagine but as long as the total number of PVCs isn’t more than 10,000 (or even 20,000) per day then there’s no real danger. That being said, if it were me, I’d be chewing an EP’s ear off about fixing it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login