Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Afib and Covid

Posted by tsco 
Afib and Covid
February 11, 2021 10:07PM
I'm sure I missed this in the forum......I'm scheduled for my first Mederma covid vaccine Wednesday. I actually had Covid over Christmas and lived!! As an afibber how do you all feel taking the vaccine?? Is this an increased risk of danger for us? Do you feel it is the right thing to do? Opinions appreciated
Tim
Re: Afib and Covid
February 12, 2021 12:15AM
There's nothing special or unusual about the COVID vaccine, no reason to hesitate receiving it, and very big reasons to get it as soon as you can. The only added risk of having afib and getting the vaccine is not getting the vaccine. Having afib means you're at heightened risk from the disease, but not the vaccine. COVID kills people and renders them invalids for months, possibly forever. The vaccine does nothing like that.

I just became eligible in my state today. I spent the morning trying to schedule, but their servers were overwhelmed so I'll try again tomorrow. I intend to get the vaccine at the earliest possible moment I can and it will be a relief when I finally get them both.

Run, don't walk, to your nearest vaccination site.
Ken
February 12, 2021 09:12AM
I have had both shots of the Pfizer vaccine - I am 75. No different than getting a flu shot for me. Minimal soreness in the arm for about 24 hours and that was it. NO reason for not getting the vaccine!
February 12, 2021 09:36AM
According to WebMD, if you've had Covid one dose of vaccine may give you full protection so there's certainly only benefit in getting it:

Personally, I had my first dose of Moderna on 1/20 and will have the second dose on 2/16. Reaction just like any other shot in arm. Can't wait for the second.

[www.webmd.com]
February 12, 2021 11:45AM
Also there is an incentive if you get your two doses:
[abc7chicago.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login