Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cardio version after ablation, sign of poor outcome?

Posted by Juggsy75 
Cardio version after ablation, sign of poor outcome?
February 04, 2021 10:46AM
Quick question, I’ve seen that some people’s afib stops during ablation and others need to be cardioverted, does this show that the cardioverted ablation has a poorer prognostic outcome for longer success of ablation or not?
Re: Cardio version after ablation, sign of poor outcome?
February 05, 2021 08:44PM
If the cardioversion is necessary within the blanking period (generally 3 months) then absolutely not. It has no prognostic value at all.

After that, it becomes more likely it's an indicator the ablation may not be complete, but these things vary so widely from person to person that it's hard to make blanket statements.
February 06, 2021 04:44PM
If your still on the table during ablation while still in ARR. is what i think you mean....it's a horrible sign if it takes a jolt to convert you instead of the EP. finding that sweet spot to cut the bad electrical current to convert you.
It almost cert. means he missed his mark and you will be heading back for a touchup or a more complicated find mission of the trigger spot after the off. blanking period ends with no dif. in your heart's actions during that post ablation 3 month period compared to the preablation afib bad time that sent you there in the 1st place.
The only good thing is at least you know what to expect the second time around although it still might be complicated as i am sure the EP. searched like hell for that trigger but could not find it and had to do an EP's pretty much worst nightmare in just giving up and just shocking you back to NSR after inducing the ARR. with isoproterenol.
February 08, 2021 03:46AM
That’s what I was talking about, it says on my ablation notes I needed a shock to revert to nsr, then says they paced it for 30 mins but all was ok, when I questioned this I was told it’s quite common for it to require a shock during procedure, dosent bode well for me then😩😩

I’m five years out from my ablation, I had only one episode of paroxysmal afib before my ablation, didn’t say anything about isoproterenol, said I was shocked with 300j or something?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2021 03:54AM by Juggsy75.
February 08, 2021 06:37AM
Juggsy75
I’m five years out from my ablation, I had only one episode of paroxysmal afib before my ablation, didn’t say anything about isoproterenol, said I was shocked with 300j or something?

Whoaw! Only one episode of PAF before ablation!
Did you self convert or did you need meds or ECV?
February 08, 2021 07:47AM
Pompon

Whoaw! Only one episode of PAF before ablation!
Did you self convert or did you need meds or ECV?

Self converted, I didn’t want to be on meds at a young age so took bull by the horns so to speak
February 08, 2021 10:48AM
Needing to be cardioverted during an ablation isn't unusual and doesn't really mean anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login