Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello all

Posted by Juggsy75 
Hello all
February 02, 2021 12:16PM
Hello all, I’ve been a lurker reading this forum for a while now, my name is Scott, I was diagnosed in 2015 at age 40 with afib after a run, came back and something didn’t feel right, just felt a bit wired, sweatier than normal, however took myself off to work, whilst there I felt same and tried my friends Fitbit on, it couldn’t settle on a pulse, yet his was steady, decided to take myself off to A&E, that’s where the diagnosis came and off they sent me home, I must have reverted back sometime in my sleep as all was well the next day.

As I’m from the uk our healthcare is free so it’s amazing, however it does come with long wait times, an appt with cardiology was up to 12 month wait so I paid to go private, saw a great gentleman who did lots of tests on me and said all was fine bar one...... I had mild sleep apnea, so I got treated for this, now for next year I received no other treatment and the afib didn’t tear it’s head again

It was this time I became very worried and anxious about this condition the more I read, I joined a forum and did lots of reading about treatments and other things, now another thing about uk is it’s health boards are split into various different sites, based on where you live, as I’m from Wales my choices for an ablation were very limited indeed, so one day I came across a post about a trial at the royal Brompton in London for a ganglionated plexus ablation by prof Sabine Ernst and applied, I was accepted, underwent the ablation in 2016 and for the first three years I was perfect, I even got back to running, losing 42lbs in weight and no longer having sleep apnea.

Now in this time my anxiety never went away really I suppose then out of the blue two years ago I started getting these little runs or flutters and lots of pvc’s, so since then I’ve been monitored by prof Ernst, for this and every time she tells me that everything is fine there’s nothing to worry about it’s just 7 beats of sinus tachycardia and 2% burden of pvc’s.

However these small 7 beat runs scare the hell out of me, so I’m back to being the anxious man I was, and stopped running, gained weight again, in fact I’ve just finished wearing a 7 day monitor and have follow up with prof Ernst on 23rd by phone so will let you all know how it goes

Sorry for long post but that’s me....👍🏻

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2021 12:52PM by Juggsy75.
Re: Hello all
February 02, 2021 02:42PM
Welcome Scott,
Thanks for the intro. Be looking forward to your update.
Jeff W
February 02, 2021 02:50PM
Juggsy75
.. I had mild sleep apnea, so I got treated for this,

Could You tell us what treatment you got? I think I may have mild sleep apnea,....... according to my fitbit.
February 02, 2021 03:25PM
colindo

.. I had mild sleep apnea, so I got treated for this,

Could You tell us what treatment you got? I think I may have mild sleep apnea,....... according to my fitbit.
Hi yes of course, I was given a clap machine to use whilst sleeping, took a little getting used to but I don’t notice it now
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login