Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Implantable long term (battery lasts 3 years) heart monitor

Posted by susan.d 
Implantable long term (battery lasts 3 years) heart monitor
February 01, 2021 10:44AM
[www.medtronic.com]

Anyone have one? Seems less bother than sticky lead electrodes.
Re: Implantable long term (battery lasts 3 years) heart monitor
February 01, 2021 11:45PM
I had the First one ever installed by Dr. Natale in Feb 2014. The battery was still working in 2017 after my second ablation. I still have it in my chest area. Never had a issue with it or it Transmitting.
February 02, 2021 01:05AM
smackman
I had the First one ever installed by Dr. Natale in Feb 2014. The battery was still working in 2017 after my second ablation. I still have it in my chest area. Never had a issue with it or it Transmitting.

Do you have an app so you can see the strips? Does anyone look at them and discuss or monitor your afib episodes? Is there a monthly cost to send to their server?
February 02, 2021 03:44PM
No appointment. Everyday my daily results were sent automatically by cellular signal. If a issue was spotted, I was contacted by Austin. I could also “ mark” episodes with a hand held device I held up against the Linq.
Yes there is a monthly fee to have this 24 hour monitoring system. Medtronics was the company.
Remember this was installed in January 2014. I was used for 2 Ablations and my local cardiologist could read the info on my Linq. Linq is still in my chest but battery is surely dead now.
February 02, 2021 04:01PM
Last question- would an ecv fry it? It doesn’t fry pavers but this maybe different.
February 02, 2021 05:31PM
Yes...2 years ago and going strong!
February 03, 2021 03:55PM
I have no idea if a ECV would fry it. Never had a ECV after it was installed. Had many before my first ablation.
February 03, 2021 08:09PM
Most (all?) modern ICDs are cardioversion safe, and even older ones generally are too. It's standard protocol for them to place the pads distant from the ICD just as a general safety measure.

And keep in mind that if you have an ICD, it can probably be commanded to deliver a shock internally, so there may be no external shocks needed at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login