Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lowering meds ten months post ablation

Posted by keeferbdeefer 
Lowering meds ten months post ablation
October 19, 2020 11:09AM
Hi all. Had my afib ablation ten months ago and had a lot of ectopics (PACs) following, but luckily no afib. I found that taking 50 mg Flecainide and 12.5 mg of Metropolol morning and night kept the ectopics more settled. For a couple weeks now, I have reduced to just one daily dose of 50 Flec/12.5 Metrop at noon (my ectopics tend to crop up in the early afternoon). This is working pretty well. Blip here and there throughout the day, maybe I notice 100 ectopics a day.

So a couple questions. Is the Flecainide in particular doing me any good at that dosage since it's not building up in a my system with two daily doses, not to mention the one 50 mg dose is pretty small? My EP is fine with me tinkering with my regimen as long as I don't increase beyond limits he has set. I'm clearly well below those right now. Just not sure if at these doses anything could be happening. I have a little more faith in the Metropolol at 12.5 mg just due to how it works. Thanks as always.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2020 11:20AM by keeferbdeefer.
Re: Lowering meds ten months post ablation
October 19, 2020 11:30AM
All we can do is guess what would happen. The only way to know is to find out. Stop the flec, wait 2 weeks, see what happens. If things get worse, resume the flec and the experiment is over. But if nothing happens, try the same experiment with the metoprolol.

With any luck you'll be off one or both drugs in a month.
Re: Lowering meds ten months post ablation
October 20, 2020 08:32AM
Local EP prescribed 50mg of metopropol er prior to ablation for last 10 yrs.

After stopping flec/met post Natale ablation PVC/PAC came on full force 5k+ daily Natale said back on 25mg of met (no flec)it did ok 500-1k PVC PAC daily stopped again for 48monitor then I requested to go back on metopropol which was granted. With out thinking I started taking 50mg because that's what I had taken for last 10yrs and it took me down to less then 100 daily PVC/PAC some days even less.

So now I'm trying to get Natale's blessing to remain on 50mg of met. Will see pulse and blood slightly lower on 50mg then 25mg.

Hoping to stop all meds one day as well for these damn ectopic. Feel I traded one problem for another 😬. At least this ones harmless, so I'm toldsmiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login