Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does Dr Natale always require a TEE

Posted by stranger 
Does Dr Natale always require a TEE
October 07, 2020 10:07AM
I contacted Bordeaux about a follow up Ablation and mentioned responses I had to an earlier post that a TEE would not be needed if I was on an anti-coagulant for 2 - 3 months. Bordeaux response was that if no TEE then a cat scan would be needed.
Re: Does Dr Natale always require a TEE
October 07, 2020 10:21AM
No tee from Dr. N. on initial procedure. But definitely be rock solid on taking your NOACs on schedule and without fail. I take mine on the 7s every day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2020 11:18AM by NotLyingAboutMyAfib.
October 07, 2020 10:47AM
Since you've had a prior ablation, their reasoning is probably to rule out pulmonary vein stenosis from the first ablation. There isn't a hard and fast rule on this. It depends on the patient and their history.
October 09, 2020 06:19AM
Thanks for the replies. Turns out it doesn't matter: at least for the present. What I would need, not unreasonably, is a Covid 19 test shortly before the op. Since I can't get that in this country at present I'm stuck.

So it's carry on with the Flecainide which is keeping me in NSR but also makes me feel constantly unwell.
October 09, 2020 11:42AM
You can certainly get a COVID test in Austin, and I'm unaware of travel restrictions to the US currently, so I don't understand why you feel it can't be done.
October 09, 2020 12:15PM
for my situation, (everyone is different) a scheduled TEE six months post my LAA isolated ablation is recommended.
October 10, 2020 06:48PM
I had to do an echo before my Natale ablation but no TEE (thank god.) I think Natale does TEE or something similar *during* his ablations though.
October 11, 2020 12:24AM
Properly done, a TEE is a two-hour event involving no discomfort whatsoever.
December 09, 2020 12:27AM
Currently TEE will be done just before ablation under general anaesthesia. In 2007 when I had my last ablation in Bordeaux TEE was requested to be done one week before planned ablation. My last experience with TEE was just awful. Doctor was not we to insert probe and I had problems with gagging, despite being given sedative injection it was horrible experience. Due to Covid I cannot travel to Bordaux again and it will be done in the country I live. Currently in Australia there are ZERO community acquired Covid infections..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login